• Notice regarding image hosts and attachments. See here.

  • Competitor rules

    Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ivy Bridge Launch Schedule Leaked

Possibly more than £200 unfortunately.

That's worrying, if that's the case I will have to skip some stuff to make budget, it's already going to cost way more than I had planned and I just can't afford to go higher. I really hope you're wrong though, the 2500k is around £170 and they said the 3570k would cost roughly the same and I've given it a £30 window.
 
That's worrying, if that's the case I will have to skip some stuff to make budget, it's already going to cost way more than I had planned and I just can't afford to go higher. I really hope you're wrong though, the 2500k is around £170 and they said the 3570k would cost roughly the same and I've given it a £30 window.

Just plan for the eventuality of it being just over £200. It shouldn't be but it is possible it will be.
 
I've been selling stuff on Ebay for the last month, so not only do I have a tidy house after a good clear out, I've also made up most of the cash for my new build.

Nonetheless, over £200 for an i5 still seems like an awful lot of money.
 
The £ retail price ought to be about 0.8 of the "official" $ price different websites have listed (try the wikipedia article if all else fails!). This places the 3570K at £175 ish and the 3770K at £250 ish.

How much more than this you are prepared to pay to secure one on release is up to you of course, but retailers hopefully realise there is not as much pent up demand as they might have hoped.
Someone has forgotten to leak enough good news to counteract all the temperature rumours, and few enthusiasts would be interested in on-board gfx, so many will be happy to stay with their SB, or pick one up at a significant discount against any IB inflation.
 
What time is the NDA lifted? Some threads on the web have thrown around 10am Pacific time. That kind of makes sense if they announce it in Santa Clara.
 
I am somewhat inclined to wait for Haswell which will make my current build 6 when it comes out but in 2013 part of me will be saying wait for Broadwell (or whatever it is called) in 2014 ....

Personally I don't really see the point of waiting for ticks unless they are only a month or two away, all they offer is the same architecture on a newer (read less mature) process; tocks offer the benefits of architectural improvements as well as a mature manufacturing process, it's win-win.

I'm on a 2500k and waiting for Haswell by the way ;)
 
I'm was on a max £140 CPU budget, but was really stretching to £170 for the i5 2500k (once I realised my AMD gaming days were numbered). I'm hoping that my new Z77 board will be happy with a sandybridge in a weeks time as prices drop on release of the Ivy Bridge, fingers crossed! Then the Ivy bridge can do battle/review and I'll debate an upgrade when they drop in price... many moons down the line! :D
 
50% more stock is interesting if accurate, why would that be I wonder, with it not really being that compelling for anyone on SB.

Desktop enthusiasts looking to upgrade only represent a small portion of Intel's market; they plan on selling an assload of these in Ultrabooks and MacBooks.
 
Back
Top Bottom