Monaco Grand Prix 2012, Monte Carlo - Race 6/20

Soldato
has anything been mentioned of button hitting kova and losing Caterham an 11th place.
I don't think it was Button that did the damage did he? Sure, Button spun at the second swimming pool chicane when trying to go down the inside, but he spun trying to avoid contact.

I think what broke Kovalainen's wing was the T1 contact with Perez, where he went deep into the corner and then brushed the barrier as he got back on track and broke his front wing

Soldato
Mclaren need to get their act together or Hamilton will be off at the end of his contract.

I'm hearing this a lot.

From what I can see, McLaren have given him a race winning car (not necessarily the best car anymore, but it is still one of the fastest cars and capable of winning at least 4 of the 6 races). The problem is not McLaren. The problem is that Hamilton doesn't want to push things to hard.

He is now driving like Prost (who is one of the most successful drivers ever). He is thinking about the WDC all the time. Finish every race and pick up points. When he reaches the final 3 or 4 races, in contention with the leader, he shall begin to take risks, but until then, given the length of the season, he doesn't need to take risks. The guy has learnt from last season and he is now showing maturity. This is a good thing. He is a more complete driver now (less speed/aggression and more intelligence).

People also are under the impression that he is as good as Alonso or Vettel. He isn't. If he was the best in the World and still losing out to other drivers, I would agree that he should leave McLaren, but McLaren have given him arguably (over the course of all 6 GPs), the fastest package. He just hasn't been able to take advantage of that package.

Stick Vettel or Alonso in the McLaren and you will see them lead the title race in it. The McLaren is a great package, despite the shambolic strategies they somehow manage to conjure up.

With regards to moving to RBR: this is a possibility, but what will happen if he takes a spanking at the hands of Vettel? What would this do for his confidence? In a year's time, Vettel will be an even better driver than he is now; and in 2012, he is already better than Hamilton. Moving to RBR would be a massive risk (similar to the risk which Button took, when he moved to McLaren). It would be dangerous. On the other hand it could be just what Hamilton needs - a new challenge.

If I were him, I would stay with McLaren and hope that Button has peaked and will be booted out soon. He NEEDS the team to be based solely around him, to see the best from himself. Alonso, Vettel, MSc are other drivers who also need the same setup.

Man of Honour
Not McLaren? It hasn't been hamiltons driving. It's been pits tops and team errors. Even this weekend with "clean" pits tops lost him was it 0.7seconds in one stop which meant he came out on the gearbox one place down.

I struggle to see him partnering vet or FA so I can't see where he could go.

Associate
I'm hearing this a lot.

From what I can see, McLaren have given him a race winning car (not necessarily the best car anymore, but it is still one of the fastest cars and capable of winning at least 4 of the 6 races). The problem is not McLaren. The problem is that Hamilton doesn't want to push things to hard.

He is now driving like Prost (who is one of the most successful drivers ever). He is thinking about the WDC all the time. Finish every race and pick up points. When he reaches the final 3 or 4 races, in contention with the leader, he shall begin to take risks, but until then, given the length of the season, he doesn't need to take risks. The guy has learnt from last season and he is now showing maturity. This is a good thing. He is a more complete driver now (less speed/aggression and more intelligence).

People also are under the impression that he is as good as Alonso or Vettel. He isn't. If he was the best in the World and still losing out to other drivers, I would agree that he should leave McLaren, but McLaren have given him arguably (over the course of all 6 GPs), the fastest package. He just hasn't been able to take advantage of that package.

Stick Vettel or Alonso in the McLaren and you will see them lead the title race in it. The McLaren is a great package, despite the shambolic strategies they somehow manage to conjure up.

With regards to moving to RBR: this is a possibility, but what will happen if he takes a spanking at the hands of Vettel? What would this do for his confidence? In a year's time, Vettel will be an even better driver than he is now; and in 2012, he is already better than Hamilton. Moving to RBR would be a massive risk (similar to the risk which Button took, when he moved to McLaren). It would be dangerous. On the other hand it could be just what Hamilton needs - a new challenge.

If I were him, I would stay with McLaren and hope that Button has peaked and will be booted out soon. He NEEDS the team to be based solely around him, to see the best from himself. Alonso, Vettel, MSc are other drivers who also need the same setup.

I don't see how you can think that the places Hamilton has lost so far this year are anything but the team's fault?

Hamilton has driven very strongly so far this year, more thought involved rather than balls out racing. Sadly, the team has let him down with pit stops, strategy and even communication in Monaco.

It's not panic stations for Hamilton, they had a really good car at the start of the season, but lets face it, he would have a nice margin at the top of the standings but for those team errors.

Regardless, he should look to move teams just to have a new challenge away from Mclaren.

Soldato
I'm hearing this a lot.

This entire post, every sentence of it, is just completely counter to the views that other people hold.

You really are the epitome of "you're only as good as your last race".

Caporegime
This entire post, every sentence of it, is just completely counter to the views that other people hold.

You really are the epitome of "you're only as good as your last race".

+1

Plus he seems unable to separate race pace from qually pace. That because a car is fastest on low fuel on new tyres that automatically means you have the fastest package, sadly the race pace doesn't show that over the races so far.

Hamilton isn't driving like Prost, he's driving the same as every other driver out there, predetermined pace to make a predetermined life of the tyre.

Caporegime
So much win :D

Wish I watch the BBC coverage, the Sky coverage was nowhere near this good :(

If its on the beeb I go there first now, I don't even record and watch the sky feed after anymore. I pay for the sky coverage but don't rate it at all. Luckily we have found so much more to watch anyway from the sub charge.

I now see it as I get the f1 for free because I would have got the he pack anyway.

Back
Top Bottom