Which sports/events do you think should be dropped/included?

Permabanned
The thing with some events is that I have no idea if someone has performed well or not, like the dressage, I don't know what constitutes a good dressage performance.

Soldato
The thing with some events is that I have no idea if someone has performed well or not, like the dressage, I don't know what constitutes a good dressage performance.

Haha, same with diving. It's fun trying to play guess the Judges scores, but it's also easy to be way out because you missed some subtle nuance or something.

Permabanned
Haha, same with diving. It's fun trying to play guess the Judges scores, but it's also easy to be way out because you missed some subtle nuance or something.

At least with diving you can judge how they enter the water, you can also know what dive they are going to perform.

Permabanned
Out:
Football
Horses
Tennis
Fencing (with flimsy whippy swords that look like 80's car stereo antennas)

In:
Squash
English Longbow
Rock Climbing
Ultra Distance Trail/Mountain Running (50/100 Miles)
Fencing (massive broadswords) :D

Soldato
This is from wikipedia so no idea how accurate it is, but after the 2016 Olympics they will be considering some new sports.

At the 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires, the IOC will vote on whether to include one of the following sports in the program: baseball, karate, roller sports, softball, sport climbing, squash, wakeboarding or wushu.

Soldato
I was watching fencing on the telly today, might pick it up once im finished with ironman stuff. Thats the épée division which was on today, the foil and sabre stuff sound more manly.

Squash is a good shout.
Speed rock climbing????
waterskiing?

Soldato
This is from wikipedia so no idea how accurate it is, but after the 2016 Olympics they will be considering some new sports.

Wow..didnt know that wakeboarding might be in with a shot. Wouldn't want it in tho, olympics isnt a adrenaline/extreme sport event, X-games for that. Yes I mentioned waterskiing in the other post but I guess thats slalom not big air which is very different.

I can see the karate or squash winning that list.

Associate
I think anything that has massive international tournaments, stuff like football and tennis, shouldn't be included as they already have enough coverage and money.

I think archery and shooting is fine as it is their only time to get some attention. It shouldn't be just about how much of a sport it is, as shooting takes a lot of skill, but also if they deserve some support.

Back
Top Bottom