Which sports/events do you think should be dropped/included?

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Drop the event which includes Ian Thorpe saying "Look,..." at the beginning of each answer he gives.

Include 'Who is wearing the largest headphones?' in the pool.

Associate
Drop anything where the best players don't turn up or care, meaning tennis and football out (although tennis is a bit more interesting this year).

How would that be fair on the women footballers who don't get to enjoy the same exposure men get in the sport, and probably care about the Olympics quite a lot?

And since when don't the best players turn up for tennis? Maybe in the past, but that certainly hasn't be true for 2008 and 2012.

Last edited:

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Ditch archery and javelin as separate events and have competitors lob a javelin into a target.

Maybe make it a moving target... and the competitors have to jump from platform to platform while a bad guy throws banana skins at their feet...

Soldato
I agree with the comments about tennis (almost identical to Wimbledon just a few weeks ago), and football (not so much women's to an extent).

I really disagree with the comments about Equestrian though, I thought it looked very technical and difficult to achieve a high standard.

So out with tennis and football.

Squash would be a good addition, also mixed martial arts for amateurs its very up and coming in a lot of countries.

Soldato
Dont agree with equestrian being in there because its not about the sportsman its a lot to do with the animal i.e the horse.

olympics should be purely humans

Soldato
Dont agree with equestrian being in there because its not about the sportsman its a lot to do with the animal i.e the horse.

olympics should be purely humans

Your wrong there, it requires years of preparing the horse training and conditioning it, its very much a partnership between horse and rider.

In this event you cant just get on any top level horse and perform like the medal winners today.

Caporegime
It's still a piece of 'equipment' that has a very significant impact.

While I respect that a good rider on a bad horse will out perform a bad rider on a good horse, I still feel it lacks the pure human skill element.

Not everyone competes on the same horse, so its clearly a variable.

One of the volleyballs needs to go. Bring in squash or something?

Associate
I love Judo but I think Judo is probably the least spectator friendly sport. Especially for people that don't take part in it. It just doesn't seem like the fighters are doing a lot. I watched a bit with my girlfriend the other day and she thought it was no different from some girls scrapping.

Almost every fight as ended with one player being given two shido's (penalties) resulting in the other player being awarded with one point.

I understand that you're not going to see one throw after another at such a high level though.

Soldato
Get Rid:

Football, Tennis, Synchronised Events. Golf (Who The **** thought that was a good idea?)

Bring In:

Skateboarding - How is this not already an Olympic event? Skateboarding at the highest level requires serious athleticism and skill.

Climbing

Squash

Baseball - Wouldn't be the worst, it'd open the world up a bit more towards the sport

Back
Top Bottom