Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
Recently moved into my first house. So getting to do all the stuff I was never allowed to when renting :cool:

1st room was the extension at the back of the house, had horrid artex all over it. Replastered, decorated and now its the kids (mine really :p) games room

panorama-1.jpg

Next room up is the living room, still work in progress. Ive ripped the fireplace down and removed the fire (properly I might add). Yesterday I chiseled a hole in the fireplace for the cables to run through, then mounted the 50" plasma on the wall.

Now just for the small jobs of
chasing in rear speaker cables.
re plastering
new wooden flooring
new skirting boards
new switches etc

the list goes on and on

IMG_0411.jpg

Associate
Meridian 5 series kit, KEF reference speakers, BKXXLS400 Sub, Missing Link Reference Cables, Herbie's isolation (tenderfeet, fat dots etc) 50 inch Samsung plasma. Home made acoustic panels using rockwool.

Main Kit:

Meridian 596 transport

Meridian 562v Multimedia controller

Meridian 565 DSP

Meridian 505 monobloc amp - Centre

Meridian 556 amp - Surrounds

Meridian 557 amp - Mains

Kef Reference 3's

Kef 200c Centre

Kef 34DS dipole surrounds

BK XXLS400 Sub

Bits 'n bobs:

Missing link Cryo Reference Power chord - CD transport

Missing link Opus F power chord - DSP

Missing link Orbit power chord x2 - Power amps

Missin Link Binary Star Digital Interconnect

Missing link Cryo Reference Phono Interconnects

Missing Link Cryo Reference Speaker cables (gulp - how much?)

Isotek Aquarious Power conditioner

Isotech Syncro pre conditioner

Herbie's Grungebuster - various sizes

Herbie's fat and thin dots

Herbie's tenderfeet - awesome

Herbie's spike grounding bases

Superspikes plato for the centre speaker (ultimately decoupled from the av cabinet with fat/thin dots and grungebuster between / under the diy speaker stand, experimentation the key to getting the best combination).

All kit hidden away - DIY bass traps behind the speakers:

Front.jpg

Meridian kit:

Main1.jpg

Meridian Amps:

Main2.jpg

DIY Centre speaker stand with integrated IR receiver to allow the kit to be activated with the doors closed:

Stand.jpg

Sub:

Sub.jpg

Isotec Aquarius and Syncro:

DSCF0051.jpg

Syncroopen.jpg

Logitech remote:

H1100.jpg

More DIY Acoustic panels:

DSCF0029.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks guys. Some of the kit is quite old now but I've no inclination to change it. The most cost effective additions were the acoustic panels. If you have an understanding other half, I'd recommend looking into making some of these.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Got some new (old) Kef badges for my home made chorales. They are looking pretty good on their new atacama stands. (not bad looking for speakers that are knocking on 40 years old) Just need to get some new grille cloth and they'll be perfect.
Badges2.jpg

I've got another new speaker project is underway too. Going to be building some LS3/5a's. The simulation for the design so far looks like so...
LS3-5a-Response-4.jpg

Soldato
Those SVS subs are absolute beasts!

Shame I live in a flat at the moment otherwise I would be sorely tempted by the XLS. Damn my inconsiderate neighbours! :D

Back
Top Bottom