Omega or Breitling?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I've been wearing an omega po for the last couple of years now everyday and it's been great, ultimately get which one you like the most as you've got to wear it :)

Soldato
'This is a Rouchefoucauld. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is the sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail! '

'You got a receipt?'

Look, it tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad.

'In Philadelphia, it's worth 50 bucks.'

Associate
I have a navitimer and while I love it, it isnt really tough enough for everyday use imo

have had to replace the bezel and glass etc several times over the last 20 years

Man of Honour
I think the omega has always been quite high up ratings wise really...

kd

Not like it is today no. People were Rolex and Breitling 15 years ago, the masses were not really talking about Omega watches back then really, certainly not with the relish they are today. Omega has always been viewed as a good quality watch, no question of that and i have a couple coming my way from my father, but not popular as they've become today I'd argue. AP are probably the aspirational watch right now, but Omega is riding a wave. I hate my Breitling and Rolex's today, don't ware them anymore and will sell them when I've had them serviced but then at 45 I am not really a sports watch type person these days, give me a nice IWC Portuguese any day.

Soldato
Not like it is today no. People were Rolex and Breitling 15 years ago, the masses were not really talking about Omega watches back then really, certainly not with the relish they are today. Omega has always been viewed as a good quality watch, no question of that and i have a couple coming my way from my father, but not popular as they've become today I'd argue. AP are probably the aspirational watch right now, but Omega is riding a wave. I hate my Breitling and Rolex's today, don't ware them anymore and will sell them when I've had them serviced but then at 45 I am not really a sports watch type person these days, give me a nice IWC Portuguese any day.

Ah yeah, see your point now. I still have a Seamaster high up on my to own list, but that has been an aspiration for some time rather than a recent thing.

kd

Soldato
I've got a speedmaster, worn it everyday for three years, and it wasn't new when I bought it.

It's a classic, it's not over warn like the seamaster... Basically I think for £3k there's no better watch for everyday use.

Soldato
I have an Omega Seamaster and a Panerai PAM 320, the Omega doesn't get worn as I like the Panerai so much. An IWC Portugese will be my next purchase.

For me it would be Omega as I don't like Breitlings, they look too fussy for my tastes.

Last edited:
Associate
The new Seamaster Ceramic is simply stunning and comes with the new 2500 movement which can do 7-10 years before a service.

This is my daily watch:

smpu.jpg

1.jpg

Photo%2007-05-2012%2008%2044%2027%20PM.jpg

Permabanned
OP
depends on which version of the Navitimer as they have different movements more info!

A Breitling Navitimer A23322 Black Dial v The Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 21330424001001 Automatic Black Dial v Omega Seamaster 300M Chronometer Black Dial 212.30.41.20.01 or the James Bond Anniversary one.

Back
Top Bottom