[PIC_THREAD] Wildlife, Animals, Birds, Zoo

Soldato
Just a compact! ;)

Well it's a canon G12, ancient Ikelite DS50 flash/strobe and canon housing.

The full manual, RAW and programmable buttons rock!

Are the nudis both the same kind? I assumed it was 2 different.

Anything in Cephalonia worth diving for? Details needed! always looking for the next trip :D

Which company are you with?

Really, awesome shots. I do photography but do not have the spare cash for the underwater gear i need which would be close to 2 grand (Housing alone is over £1,000!). I do know that the G12 is a very nice camera though.

The second is definitely a Flabellina Afinis & I am pretty sure the top one is Cratena Peregrina.

Unfortunately, where I dive the wildlife looks to be no where near as impressive, we had a serious lack of nudibranch this year :( How ever, the geology is amazing, we have a some amazing caves, cliffs, drop off etc. For example, one of our dives consists of an open air cave at the start of the dive, followed by a 40m barge sitting between 5-24m of water followed by a cliff. There are not many places in the world where you get all that in one dive!

Here is us, i am in the middle :D
http://www.fiskardo-divers.com/

We are based in Fiskardo, Kefalonia (famous for Captain Corelli's Mandolin aha).

Soldato

Thanks!

I looked at the SLR option and decided against it. It's a fine line between diving with a camera and a diving photographer.

Dive sounds great! Love caves! :D

I was surprised by the life at stromboli, the med is a very clear nutrient deficient sea - life is sparse because of that.

Uk seas are full of nutrient and zooplankton thus dull, dark, green and chock full of life :)

Stombolis volcanic heat (35-40c in one spot!) might be helping the life.

Soldato
Love it, such a simple photo but the brilliant execution really makes it stand out great dof great light I'd be chuffed with that.

Ta, Harry was wondering what I was up to. I was testing the 5Dmk3 in poopy light. It's so good, plus you can recover a hell of a lot more in Lightroom without generating loads of noise which is a refreshing change!

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Some of my film work, still some dirt present from the scanning.

Fuji Provia 100F - Taken with an EOS 3 and a Zeiss distagon 35mm f1,4
Provia100F.jpg

Ilford HP4 400 Pushed to 1600 - Taken with an F5 and a 300mm f2,8 AI-s
Squirrel-3.jpg

Both Fuji NPH400 - Taken with an F5 and a 300mm f2,8 AI-s
Squirrel-NPH400.jpg

Squrrel-nph4002.jpg

Back to digital with my trusty old 20D.
IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

4456362773_b022492206_b.jpg

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Incredible sharpness on those robin photos Kei, were you using a support?
No support, rarely ever take the tripod with me. IIRC the 1st robin shot was with a tamron SP 70-210 F3.5, the second with a nikon 300mm F2.8 and the third with a tamron SP 180mm F2.5. The other bird shots were both with the 300mm nikon. As you may be able to tell by the noise, i use quite high ISO's instead of support. The bird shots took a few hours of perseverance and it didn't help that i don't have any decent lenses longer than 300mm and that they are all manual focus with stop down metering.

Back
Top Bottom