iTunes Match is offensively bad

Soldato
Set this all up but...

1) I can no longer add any music to iTunes whatsoever. What the hell is this about? If I drag and drop an AAC/MP3 file like I used to it does nothing.

2) Half my Playlists aren't supported for some reason. It says something about a playlist within a playlist isn't supported.
"Smart playlists that reference other playlists are not supported by iCloud, and will not be uploaded."

3) It's buggy and slow as hell from my iPhone.

Seriously unimpressed, rant aside though how do I fix the first problem. It's seriously P'd me off. :p

Cheers

Soldato
OP
I've requested a refund. It's appallingly bad. I ****** knew I should have done my research before buying into Apple's ****.

Why can't you physically sync your iPhone as before and THEN have the option of being able to access the rest of your library from the cloud.

They're supposed to employ the best and brightest at Apple but sometimes they really don't think things through and produce utter ****.

/Rant

Soldato
did u get a refund and who did you contact?

im having problems with it, ie taking forever to upload tracks left it running 2 days and it uploaded 150 tracks out of 5k , and now it keeps crashing on me all the time.

Soldato
Works absolutely perfectly for me and my mate.

Keeps my Mac Pro, MacBook Pro and iPhone in sync.
Keeps my mates MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone in sync.

Are you using iTunes on windows?

Soldato
I certainly won't be renewing my subscription this year. I'm fed up of downloading all the music I want to my phone after every iOS update. I imagine it's a bit less painless if you have a superfast internet connection, but mine is only 4MB and I have to leave my phone downloading overnight to get all my music back. A simple sync with iTunes would only take an hour or so.

Soldato
I certainly won't be renewing my subscription this year. I'm fed up of downloading all the music I want to my phone after every iOS update. I imagine it's a bit less painless if you have a superfast internet connection, but mine is only 4MB and I have to leave my phone downloading overnight to get all my music back. A simple sync with iTunes would only take an hour or so.

Somehow I managed to update to 5.1.1 without this happening? :confused:

iOS 6 was a new phone so I don't know about that one.

Associate
I purchased iTunes match once simply to upgrade all my Music. I would say it's worth buying once. But I have personally never used it to stream to my iPhone. Way too un-reliable when on the road.

On the other hand it does come in handy when somehow losing the odd file and having the option to re-download it if it wasn't originally purchased from iTunes ;)

Soldato
I haven't experienced any major problems, seems to have run ok for me for some time, if anything the it was bad on the iPhone and made the Music App so slow but iOS6 has improved it for me. 15k+ songs on it now! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom