*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Been playing NFS recently and the Note 2 eats it up, graphics are probably the best I've seen on a racing game on a phone and it's very smooth and quite addictive. A MUST-BUY for Note 2 owners if it drops to £1 or less which I'm sure it will do at some point.

Soldato
Is there a guide for newbies anyone can reccomend for this ROM/XDA type stuff? I've no idea what they are for or what they do, my phone seems to work OK with everything 'stock'?

/dunce :(

Soldato
Been playing NFS recently and the Note 2 eats it up, graphics are probably the best I've seen on a racing game on a phone and it's very smooth and quite addictive. A MUST-BUY for Note 2 owners if it drops to £1 or less which I'm sure it will do at some point.

also playing this, very fluid and easy to play :D

Permabanned
Is there a guide for newbies anyone can reccomend for this ROM/XDA type stuff? I've no idea what they are for or what they do, my phone seems to work OK with everything 'stock'?

I would leave it, if anything goes wrong it can be a nightmare to sort for a newbie.

Associate

eheh aww

Well I would recommend just keeping things stock. Get Nova launcher though - app.... and then you might want the paid version. It transforms the homescreen to a much nicer, super customization layout. It can't damage your phone either and it also supports landscape homescreen orientation :)

Also for people who just want to stick with a standard touchwiz homescreen.... try Rotation Locker. It's a free app in the app store and offers landscape mode on the home screen - note 2 should have come standard with it :)

Man of Honour
When you can your thoughts please on your new acquisition!

Especially compared to the S3, I might be defecting to the Note 2 tomorrow if I can get my hands on one for the right price at Phones4U :)

I have just rooted and installed Wanam, let me restore my Titanium backup and have a cruise around but the physical differences I've noticed:

- N2 feels more robust in the hand, the S3 felt nice and comfy though, more comfy than the N2.
- The screen is glorious, text is nicer to read.
- The N2 speaker is more detailed than the S3 speaker.
- Home button is the same colour as the phone :D
- Back cover gets less (if any) finger prints unlike the S3!
- The volume buttons have better tactile feedback.

It's surprisingly easy to use one handed too.

The extra weight feels minimal, still light and thin :)

Soldato
I have just rooted and installed Wanam, let me restore my Titanium backup and have a cruise around but the physical differences I've noticed:

- N2 feels more robust in the hand, the S3 felt nice and comfy though, more comfy than the N2.
- The screen is glorious, text is nicer to read.
- The N2 speaker is more detailed than the S3 speaker.
- Home button is the same colour as the phone :D
- Back cover gets less (if any) finger prints unlike the S3!
- The volume buttons have better tactile feedback.

It's surprisingly easy to use one handed too.

The extra weight feels minimal, still light and thin :)

Nice first thoughts there Mate...I think you've sold me on the Note 2, I just need to get it at the bargain price you bought it for!
What I'm surprised about is that it's easy to use one handed. I've got medium sized hands and I think I would struggle with a phone the size of the Note 2.

I've asked you to compare the N2 to the S3 in the S3 thread but you can ignore that post.

Thanks! I look forward to more from you in regards to the N2.

Man of Honour
When I say easy to use I mean click around stuff, launch apps and browse the web etc, typing I can't say yet as I've not posted on sites or sent messages yet but it would appear to be "OK", not as easy as on the S3 one handed typing but not a disaster either.

I have not installed Swiftkey yet though :p

Soldato
When I say easy to use I mean click around stuff, launch apps and browse the web etc, typing I can't say yet as I've not posted on sites or sent messages yet but it would appear to be "OK", not as easy as on the S3 one handed typing but not a disaster either.

I have not installed Swiftkey yet though :p

Worth upgrading from an s3 then ?

Associate
OMG! GTA VC and GTA3 :D

My Note 2 is now exactly how my S3 was, it's just perfect :)

30 minutes left! Just annoying how you can't download apps from the play store on your pc and transfer them. I think it'll be less than 500mb so won't take too long to download.

Associate
I'm not seeing a timer. I just remember last year it was released at around midnight. So they will put it up on the play / app store at the same time. There are other articles stating this too if you just google a bit :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom