*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Back squatted 105kg for 5 today! and was rather easy
(only recently tried back squatting, I can do 100 for 4 front squats on a very good day... and 90*5 regularyly)

As for programs I want to try a strength program in the new year, 5,3,1 good? This website makes it easy for me (quite lazy at taking up new programs etc)

http://www.strstd.com/

Soldato
Haven't read the book? Tend not to be toooo keen on long articles etc. I just like to keep solid form and lift decent amounts of weight (dont want to do comps etc)

Also is it a problem if I squat high bar rather than low?

Soldato
Do some proper reading on 531 before diving in.

whereabouts? I get the idea of the progressive loading and putting in my stats its made me a routine for each day, what more do I need to know?

Note: I will have a read up/glimmer over stuff as I'll start around the 7th ish when uni starts again for a good routine

Soldato
cool, I'll have a look I've got the gist of it anyways.

Also read this: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...aining_performance/how_to_build_pure_strength
edit:

and
http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/52-most-common-531-questions/

and had a look at your log/your assistance exercises

So theres your main lifts, plus "assistance" exercises (2-3 exercises of users choice?)

Also is the "3*5+" and "3*3+" and the "1*5, 1*3, 1*1+"

Mean you do for eg 3*5+
5 reps for your first two sets and as many as you can for the last set?

Making sense to me now after some reading.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If icecold ever offers to give you a deep tissue massage, just say no. Jesus, that was agony!

And was another great session, was taught split squats, and god knows how I didn't fall flat on my face :D nearly went a few times :D

<3 icecold and dom

Soldato
Serious question guys.

The fact that I cant squat and deadlift - (due to basically arthritis in my right knee) how limiting is that going to be to me interms of the pipe dream of transforming my self from an out of shape average joe to something I would be proud of?

---

Side note.

I know where I was going wrong before with my training and that was diet. It was poor.

No where near enough for gains and too much to lose fat.

Man of Honour
If icecold ever offers to give you a deep tissue massage, just say no. Jesus, that was agony!

And was another great session, was taught split squats, and god knows how I didn't fall flat on my face :D nearly went a few times :D

<3 icecold and dom
:D

Next time, deep glute massage.

Associate
So I managed to lose weight over the festive period, so over the last two days I managed to finish a large bag of Kettle Chips and Doritos with a multipack of dip. Healthy living

Man of Honour
So I managed to lose weight over the festive period, so over the last two days I managed to finish a large bag of Kettle Chips and Doritos with a multipack of dip. Healthy living

I've been averaging about 4,000 kcals a day and probably hit 10,000 on Boxing day, so don't feel too bad :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom