*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I didn't see a thread because you lot are probably all still hungover - am I right? :D

Anyway I know as far as Sports Arena goes previously I've been pretty much invisible but this year that will change! I've a lot of weight to shift and I've finally found some exercise that I enjoy.

I made a decent start on Stronglifts late last year but was unable to even get in the garage the last 3 weeks so have been missing the weights but looking to bounce back and improve further :D

I'm gonna need tons of advice and pointers but who doesn't when they're starting out?

Looking forward to some impressive results this year!

Soldato
OP
Aaaand first workout done!

Lost so much fitness over the past 3 - 4 weeks it's shocking! :eek:

Also getting a peculiar sensation in both hands when doing BOR's - back to the docs we go! :(

Otherwise all good! :)

Soldato
OP
I think you have to supply your email address but that is all - the pdf guide/book is free :)

It's all I did for 6 weeks and I saw a massive improvement in my general fitness with a massive focus on my back! Also saw my stamina improve greatly as my first few weights sessions practically killed me changing between exercises.

I have a concept 2 rower but a nagging foot injury that is currently aggrievated by the rowing action amongst other things. Looking into other cardio though now! :)

Soldato
OP
Only one way to describe how the gym was just now, ****ing freezing :cool: 5 degrees in there! Only took a couple of sets before i was sweating but damn holding onto a bar that cold hurts like hell. Felt so weak though, 45kg bench for reps :(

Haha I know that pain! My gear is all in the garage and it's been close to freezing for a few days.....yesterday was uncomfortable on the hands even with gloves on :eek:

Soldato
OP
What do you gym rats wear for the gym? I've only ever really done cardio at the gym and have always worn shorts but I was maybe thinking tracksuit bottoms for doing weight as shorts might be too tight?

Joggers tied below the waist (snapped the cord at the bottom of the squat :D) and a loose fitting t shirt.

Soldato
OP
Not too bad a session today but I have gone back to an empty bar on the OHP. I keep breaking form by leaning back so starting again going nice and slow whilst really concentrating :)

Soldato
OP
Just got done with today's session (love having this gear in my garage :D) and struggled on the bench press. My fault though as I was a muppet and tried to lift too much over the previous session - I'll best it next time :p (managed 45x5x4 and 45x4 before having to re-rack it).

Similar counting issue with the squats but only loaded 50kg on so apart from the initial confusion I managed just fine :)

Roll on sunday :D

Soldato
OP
I'm going to make more of a conscious effort to log my workouts. Following stronglifts 5x5 using the iOS app, extremely light weights but loads 7.5kg a week (3x2.5kg a session)

http://p.twimg.com/AifuuDMCAAAVsfb.jpg

Ooo not seen that app yet but it's only on iOS so far iirc :(

At least I don't have to feel the shame of being the only one lifting small numbers :D

Soldato
OP
Yeah pity its not on android looks very well laid out - the alternatives on android look a bit over complex for such a simple thing...would be handy but i think ill keep manual documentation and just graph it myself!

I'm the 3rd one lifting small numbers then :p

I've been keeping track of things on Fitocracy which even draws pretty graphs as well :D

Hit me up if you want an invite :D

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Finally back in the gym after just over a week out with chaotic car (breakdowns are fun) and feeling unwell including balance issues :eek:

Hit the weights hard tonight to make up for it - glad to be back on it :)

Soldato
OP
Always used to wonder how folk could spend an hour and a half in the gym but I just found out how :p

Nearly back to the point where I stopped on stronglifts for christmas including I think a PB on BOR's! :D

Soldato
OP
Been slacking in the gym recently and making poor excuses such as being tired and working too late. Mostly it's down to being a lazy sod.

Back on it again today though and it's left me buzzing and feeling awesome again. :D

Only light weights compared to some here but just hit 65kg deads, 60kg squats and 30kg OHP today.

The deads are a new PB! Squats will be a new PB on Sunday (or Monday) as well :D

Soldato
OP
Still not getting in as many sessions per week as I would like but did more stronglifts today. Doing all right with everything (2 out of 3 new PB's!) but I had a total blank and I genuinely can't remember what I lifted for squats :(

Luckily my shift pattern is pretty good this week and I'm on holiday next week :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom