Algeria hostage crisis

Permabanned
The Algerian GIS are a well trained and capable Tier One SF unit with a vast range of experience in dealing with Islamist Militants. We don't really know the details, but it seems more an issue of Algerian Government Policy on dealing with Islamist Militants than the competence of their Security Forces, and I expect this is what Cameron, Obama and others will be addressing.

Associate
He linked to a book by David Duke, racist, white supremacist and former KKK grand wizard.

The only thing you know about the KKK is how the Hollywood powers presented it to you - rednecks who burned crosses and lynched Blacks - which is so far from the truth. You probably have no idea who runs Hollywood.

You wouldn't dare read his book because most of its sources are Jewish sources and they are irrefutable FACTS. It would blow your tiny mind but in order to be awakened you have to be prepared to critically analyse new ideas which are currently outside your tiny mindset.

Or just get back to watching Django and X-Factor.

Soldato
The only thing you know about the KKK is how the Hollywood powers presented it to you - rednecks who burned crosses and lynched Blacks - which is so far from the truth. You probably have no idea who runs Hollywood.

You wouldn't dare read his book because most of its sources are Jewish sources and they are irrefutable FACTS. It would blow your tiny mind but in order to be awakened you have to be prepared to critically analyse new ideas which are currently outside your tiny mindset.

Is x-factor on?

RDM

RDM

Soldato

Do you even know what critical analysis is? Somehow I doubt it or you might apply it to the sources you seem to think are fact. I am going to guess that for you critical analysis consists of "Agrees with me == true". :D

Associate

tin-foil-hat.jpg

OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE

Man of Honour
That is good news, albeit countered by those not so lucky.

Good news that she's okay.

Yes it is - thanks :)

However, having never been so close to such a situation as I now have, it's quite frightening having it happen to immediate family, and seeing her account of the events.

At one point they were guiding some of their colleagues using maps and google to tell them where the terrorists were so that they could avoid capture - those guys did make it out ok. It sounded too much like "24" for my liking. When I first heard the news and a sneaked message from my sister (they were told not to communicate/tell what was going on) I have never felt so anxious.

I'm so sad for some of her colleagues - just going about their business/job, and being caught up like this. :(

Soldato

He's right, the KKK are actually an innocent British organisation...

Here's a documentary on the TRUTH!

Soldato
Armchair general here, but perhaps the Algerians took the 'we don't negotiate with terrorists' line a bit far in an attempt to head off any other groups thinking of doing the same thing, given the situation next door in Mali.

That's exactly what they did. They have a history of taking an extremely hard-line with terrorists dating back to the early 80's. They don't negotiate and don't hesitate. Algeria won't care about losing some of the hostages - they want terrorists to think "don't mess with Algeria - they don't even care about the hostages!!!".

Of course, the fact they've been taking this approach for several decades and it's still happening might mean their plan isn't working...

Soldato
Because they are an ethnic group.

They're religious group. People of the same ethnicity often share the same religion, but being of the same religion as someone else does not make you the same ethnicity.

Besides, ethnicity != race.

Guess it depends how you define 'racism'. The law tends to agree with you (although British law usually couples race AND religion), but others would argue you cannot be racist on anything but skin colour/physical appearance.

Soldato
Of course, the fact they've been taking this approach for several decades and it's still happening might mean their plan isn't working...

That is a bit like the anti-capital punishment argument!

You have no "Control" You do not know how much worse (Or not) things might be had they taken a softer approach...

Don
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21056884

On Thursday, it appears that the Algerian army bombarded the militants as they tried to move hostages in a convoy. Stephen McFaul, a hostage who survived the attack and has been calling his family back in the UK, was quoted by his brother as saying captives had been put on five jeeps (which he also described as "trucks"), bound, gagged and with explosives fastened to their necks.

Only Mr McFaul's jeep survived the attack, crashing, at which point the hostage managed to break free. "The army bombed four out of five of the trucks and four of them were destroyed," Brian McFaul said, as quoted by Reuters. It is not known how many captives were in each jeep. It was unclear whether the vehicles had been struck by missiles fired from helicopters or by ground forces. In a claim that could not be verified on the ground, the militants said 35 hostages and 15 militants had been killed by helicopter fire.

Nasty.

Caporegime
Why even bother asking such a question, we will be permanently placed in at least one middle-east nation for the rest of this god awful century of senile decision making.

Until every nation is as we want them, it wont end, it just isnt good for business for the 5 Permanent Members.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom