Lucazade Orange change thier reciepe

Soldato
I know the stuff is not good for me so this is probably good news as I will stop drinking it if they keep this changed.

First noticed something was odd when purchasing a 500ml bottle, it tasted kind of flat with a nasty after taste. Thinking it was just a dodgy bottle I picked up another 500ml bottle from a shop in a different town.

Exactly the same again. After checking the bottle caps they had the same date (Jan 2014 C2) I E-Mailed GlaxoSmithKline and just received this reply.

"Thank you for your email regarding our Lucozade Energy Orange products.

We have signed up as a partner to the government’s Public Health Responsibility Deal to demonstrate our commitment to encouraging people to eat and drink fewer calories.

We have recently reduced the amount of sugar in the Lucozade Orange by 9%. Our consumers are our priority so we want to ensure the reformulation of our products does not compromise the taste or functional benefit they receive when consuming our products

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Yours sincerely,

Amirah

Medical & Consumer Affairs Department
GSK Consumer Healthcare"

Oh well another drink bites the dust, just like Sailor Jerry!

Associate
I don't drink Lucozade to be healthy, I usually drink it because I'm hungover and need the sugar. I hope they haven't fiddled with Lucozade Sport as well.

Soldato
Isn't Lucozade energy something like 30% glucose usually? It'll still have a lot of sugar in if reduced by 9%. I just hope they haven't changed the taste as I really like the taste of it and having tried many cheaper versions, they never taste as good as the proper stuff.

Soldato
OP
Isn't Lucozade energy something like 30% glucose usually? It'll still have a lot of sugar in if reduced by 9%. I just hope they haven't changed the taste as I really like the taste of it and having tried many cheaper versions, they never taste as good as the proper stuff.

It tastes different, hence how I noticed straight away :(

Soldato
I'm more ****ed about the fact they stopped making lemon lucozade. Was my favourite drink now I can't get it anywhere :/

Soldato
They need to bring back glass bottles of the original, in the original formula too as Lucozade tastes like cat slash these days! Cola Lucozade was nice too.
Maybe we should get a pressure group together and email GSK en masse to make Lucozade for Men: Ultimate Hangover Cure Edition :D

Associate
I'm more ****ed about the fact they stopped making lemon lucozade. Was my favourite drink now I can't get it anywhere :/

This. When on holiday to Cyprus last year they sold it in cans and I cannot describe the satisfaction I got every time I took a sip in 35 centigrade heat - They made a lot of money from my Fanta consumption.

On the topic of Orange Lucozade, it is actually my perfect hangover cure so if this 9% has reduced my chances of nursing my headache I will be peeeeeeeed. :mad:

Soldato

It now tastes like the cheap stuff. I can't see them keeping this for long though, loads of people are moaning about it, and their facebook wall has got people complaining too.

They are claiming the taste hasn't changed, which is a bit weird because like ColdAsIce, I noticed the different taste straight away.

Soldato
They have changed the recipe again claiming 50% less sugar but now we have that nasty artificial sweetener taste as same as in the zero orange lucozade. I'm out as, it now tastes horrid. Chased them up and they said they are sorry I don't like the new taste (basically it's bereft of sugar now)

Soldato
I find this sort of thing a bit frustrating.

Rarely drink sugary fizzy stuff, maybe once or twice a month - probably less, but when I do I do it for the sugar. Really don't like stuff like Tango as you can taste the sweetener even in the full-fat one.

Mostly, now, Original lucozade is probably my most consumed fizzy drink. Hope that one doesn't get changed.

Soldato
I find this sort of thing a bit frustrating.

Rarely drink sugary fizzy stuff, maybe once or twice a month - probably less, but when I do I do it for the sugar. Really don't like stuff like Tango as you can taste the sweetener even in the full-fat one.

Mostly, now, Original lucozade is probably my most consumed fizzy drink. Hope that one doesn't get changed.

Googled it: apparently ALL Lucozades are going to be under 5g of sugar per 100ml. Lucozade Original was 8.7g/100ml, so that will be changing. Such a shame :(

Caporegime
they have diet lucozade now. they were giving away free shots in my local asda as a promo.

so don't know why the need to change the full fat one tbh. unless it's for profits and to avoid sugar tax. however if less people buy due to taste it's reduced profits anyway.

Back
Top Bottom