***ArmA 3 Thread***

Associate
Any techy types be kind enough to help me tune my rig into ARMA3 so I get better frame rates?

I've got MSI Afterburner but I ain't got a clue how to use it. I believe you can overclock the rig with it?

Snapshot of my system
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
4095 MB Total available graphics memory
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Detailed
System

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model Z68A-D3H-B3
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 132 GB
Disk partition (C:) 19 GB Free (56 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 26 GB Free (76 GB Total)
Disk partition (E:) 163 MB Free (180 MB Total)
Media drive (F:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Total available graphics memory 4095 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 3071 MB
Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.1090
Primary monitor resolution 1842x1036
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Soldato
Mixed feelings here about this release. Firstly, the visuals and the mechanics are great apart from the utterly stupid way of picking stuff up from ammo crates. I still can't suss how to pick up binoculars from crates. And then there's the lag and choppiness, what's the best settings to have to achieve smooth frames?

But the biggest let down for me so far is the feeling that there's no direction. This stupid Wasteland thing I just can't can't fathom. WTF is the objective? And then you've got the ridiculous task of trying to distinguish friend from foe. Myself and an enemy who was dressed identically to me were trying to get into the same car, we were stood around talking for ages before it dawned on us that we should've been killing each other instead of talking. I shot him btw.

Where are the good old TDMs to get us started, let the complex stuff follow as new players adapt to a new set of controls.

In a nutshell it's beautiful but very boring.

You are completely missing the point of the game. the game is an open sandbox military simulator. it is up to you to make a mission or play with a group. This is not call of duty or battlefield series there is no game modes of such.

the series of arma is superb. With editor missions are only limited by your imagination.

The game is not for people who want CTF, tdm etc

Soldato
have you checked your GPU usage?, wasn't until i checked mine that i realised only 1 GPu was being used, might help in your case.

My Nvidia control panel had arma3.exe default set to single GPU mode :(

25%-33% each GPU mate :(

-winxp -malloc=system -nobenchmark -maxVRAM=4096 -nosplash -noPause -skipIntro -world=empty -noFilePatching -maxMem7000 -cpuCount=6 -exthreads=12

Gave an extra 20fps

Permabanned
How do you use the medkits on yourself on Wasteland?

You need to be a medic, also I'm not sure if you can use medkits on yourself, think it might only be others. You can use first aid kits on yourself once till your injured again but they don't add much HP.

Associate
25%-33% each GPU mate :(

-winxp -malloc=system -nobenchmark -maxVRAM=4096 -nosplash -noPause -skipIntro -world=empty -noFilePatching -maxMem7000 -cpuCount=6 -exthreads=12

Gave an extra 20fps

Try setting 'Multi-GPU rendering mode' to 'Force alternate rendering 1 or 2' in Nvidia control panel

Boosted my fps massively, might do something for you.

Also, note to anyone, running MSI Afterburner, sometimes it says its running d3d9 and sometimes it says d3d11. Obviously I get much, much better fps when it says its running dx11.

Anyone seeing this issue?

Associate
I have those and also 3 GPU rendering 1 and 2

Strange, I notice that I only get 50% usage on each GPU when it runs dx9. Only when it runs dx11 do the GPU's go up to 99%, and I don't know why it changes from one to the other.

Might be worth checking what direct x version it says you are running when your playing it.

Soldato
You need to be a medic, also I'm not sure if you can use medkits on yourself, think it might only be others. You can use first aid kits on yourself once till your injured again but they don't add much HP.

Thanks mate :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Strange, I notice that I only get 50% usage on each GPU when it runs dx9. Only when it runs dx11 do the GPU's go up to 99%, and I don't know why it changes from one to the other.

Might be worth checking what direct x version it says you are running when your playing it.

How do you change it?

Associate
Personally I've found Launch Parameters do absolutely nothing for performance.

I tested it on the Infantry Showcase without moving at the beginning to get an accurate FPS reading.

I tried with and without launch parameters, tried with and without Hyperthreading.

Associate
You are completely missing the point of the game. the game is an open sandbox military simulator. it is up to you to make a mission or play with a group. This is not call of duty or battlefield series there is no game modes of such.

the series of arma is superb. With editor missions are only limited by your imagination.

The game is not for people who want CTF, tdm etc

I get that, but so far I ain't seen anything coordinated, just vasts amount of land with vehicles scattered about and the odd person running around.

When people create missions, do they then have to hire a server to host it? Surely people with normal gaming PCs won't have the bandwidth to host a round on their own PC.

Soldato
I get that, but so far I ain't seen anything coordinated, just vasts amount of land with vehicles scattered about and the odd person running around.

When people create missions, do they then have to hire a server to host it? Surely people with normal gaming PCs won't have the bandwidth to host a round on their own PC.

I'm in havoc company we have a dedi box for arms 2 we have guys making missions and use thge by Irish infantry model to simulate a mission.

ATM I host our arma 3 missions as I have 90mb broadband.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HavocCompanyClan

Check out some of our videos

Back
Top Bottom