***ArmA 3 Thread***

Soldato
Marker or anyone else that has knowledge in modding are the modding tools the same ones as in Arma2 or are there new ones for Arma 3? I've got a friend who wants to play around and make missions.

Last edited:
Soldato
TheMeekon, try running the game in windowed or windowed fullscreen. I get a problem where sometimes it crashes and won't even load again, I load it in windowed and it fixes the problems and I can switch it back to fullscreen. Also you probably already have done it but do a file integrity check :)

Soldato
Yeh I understand that, was making the point its not very clear the comparison if everyone isn't stating MP.

All my fps were from MP mate, between 40 - 50 view distance 4500, all ultra settings apart from pp turned off and her as standard.

I5 @ 4.4 with a stock 7950.

Associate
Mixed feelings here about this release. Firstly, the visuals and the mechanics are great apart from the utterly stupid way of picking stuff up from ammo crates. I still can't suss how to pick up binoculars from crates. And then there's the lag and choppiness, what's the best settings to have to achieve smooth frames?

But the biggest let down for me so far is the feeling that there's no direction. This stupid Wasteland thing I just can't can't fathom. WTF is the objective? And then you've got the ridiculous task of trying to distinguish friend from foe. Myself and an enemy who was dressed identically to me were trying to get into the same car, we were stood around talking for ages before it dawned on us that we should've been killing each other instead of talking. I shot him btw.

Where are the good old TDMs to get us started, let the complex stuff follow as new players adapt to a new set of controls.

In a nutshell it's beautiful but very boring.

Associate
Gelly, what resolution are you playing at? im also using one 7970 @ 1200mhz on a 2560x1440 monitor atm, am I going to work? lol

downloading it now :)

Im 1080, 120hz. I dunno you may struggle at that res. Im 1175/1570 and anything between 20-50fps on very high, 2xAA. Im picky with frames but it does feel smooth. Good luck

Soldato
Mixed feelings here about this release. Firstly, the visuals and the mechanics are great apart from the utterly stupid way of picking stuff up from ammo crates. I still can't suss how to pick up binoculars from crates. And then there's the lag and choppiness, what's the best settings to have to achieve smooth frames?

But the biggest let down for me so far is the feeling that there's no direction. This stupid Wasteland thing I just can't can't fathom. WTF is the objective? And then you've got the ridiculous task of trying to distinguish friend from foe. Myself and an enemy who was dressed identically to me were trying to get into the same car, we were stood around talking for ages before it dawned on us that we should've been killing each other instead of talking. I shot him btw.

Where are the good old TDMs to get us started, let the complex stuff follow as new players adapt to a new set of controls.

In a nutshell it's beautiful but very boring.

If Wasteland was setup correctly, then you would have player icons for friendlies and everyone else would be an enemy.

I think 404 rushed a release just so they could be 1st and gain control of the traffic tbh. I am a massive fan of Wasteland but no point playing it until the full map is released and a fully working version is in place.

Agreed though, the world and models are stunning but there is not enough working content atm. Playing it in short bursts instead.

Soldato
Late to the thread but what's the SP campaign like on this?. Videos and screenshots really make me want to give this a shot as despite its previous incarnations having many issues I've been a fan right from the first OPF years ago through it's evolution to what it is now.

Associate
TheMeekon, try running the game in windowed or windowed fullscreen. I get a problem where sometimes it crashes and won't even load again, I load it in windowed and it fixes the problems and I can switch it back to fullscreen. Also you probably already have done it but do a file integrity check :)

Cheers, I'll try that :)

Associate
Just realised that I set nvidia control panel to 'force alternate rendering 1' mode for Arma3.exe otherwise it would only use 1 of 590's cores.

Did notice massive improvement in performance now that it uses both unsurprisingly.

Back
Top Bottom