North Korea threatens US with a pre-emptive nuclear strike.

Soldato
I'm sure someone put up a link where four possible things would occur with North Korea (i.e. 1) war 2) the fall of the regime 3) NK promises stuff in return for something else etc etc.

Anyone remember the article?

The reason is that NK are saying they will only have talks if sanctions are dropped, and I wanted to compare against that article.

Soldato
I love how they worded it:

"The first step will be withdrawing the UN Security Council resolutions cooked up on ridiculous grounds"

Ridiculous ground like testing a nuclear weapon? yeah.....ridiculous!

Soldato
As said many many many times, Iraq is a completely different kettle of fish

Iraq.

• Manic dictator.
  • Threatens WMD attacks on Israel and Kuwait.
  • Massive social and economic issues.

North Korea

• Manic dictator.
  • Threatens WMD attacks on Guam, South Korea and Japan.
  • Massive social and economic issues.

This has to be sorted over the table as far as I'm concerned.

Caporegime
pretty sure the west supported and played every angle of the original iraq war and only took action once Saddam used chemical weapons which they seemed quite happy to ignore until the horror stories started hitting the press..

anyway NK is very different to Iraq and I don't see how the situations compare at all.
Saddam was a crap ruler , to stupid to actually have WMD's and let the west believe he was to much of a mad dog with his stupid dictator act that the west was able to wrongly convince everyone he really was a mad dog with WMD's.

NK just seem to be a really crappy dictatorship country that is failing massively and relying on aid from allies or aid from enemies to keep it's head above water.

but they were smart enough to realise WMD's are the only thing to stop the little countries being "owned" by the larger ones

Soldato
I thinks he wants to be at a table with Obama then he will sell it to his people that he talked America down and they lifted the sanctions on his threats

Delusional doesn't begin to describe him

Associate
Whats everyone worried about didn't you watch that panorama program, It has become clear to me that if KFC opened a store in North Korea they wouldn't be able to keep the power on long enough to nuke a chicken.

Back
Top Bottom