Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Kagawa looks like a neat player I'm not saying he's terrible but I haven't seen enough from him to be honest in the games he has played. Hazard has shown more flashes of brilliance and to be fair to them both each would need time to adjust. And I can see an argument to say hazard might have gotten a little jaded mid season with the pace of the premiership and getting fouled a lot etc.

Don
Really. He's had a few good games but for a £35-40m~ player I don't think he's been that good?

Just short of double figures for goals in the Prem and 14 assists isn't a bad haul for a player that's had a ridiculously busy season as well as the pressure of a new league, new club, massive transfer fee all on top of a young lad.
He might not have the assists/goals to back it up in some games but his turn of pace, balance and agility is brilliant. He will only get better.

I've watched him a lot mind, my thoughts of Kagawa are that he's not in the same league but that's because I don't watch many Man U games, presumably you don't see many of Hazard :) Kagawa, 6 goals which 3 of them came against Norwich? Not many assists neither. New league and club as well like Hazard so I'll see what he's like next season.

Permabanned
A lot of people would I think on their showing this season, it may well be the case that Hazard has a stormer next season and fully justifies the 35-40 spunked on him but I also expect Kagawa to have a stormer as well.

It goes to show you how highly he is thought of when people are not that arsed about Rooney going as they want to see Kagawa behind RvP for a good few games.

Man of Honour
Just short of double figures for goals in the Prem and 14 assists isn't a bad haul for a player that's had a ridiculously busy season as well as the pressure of a new league, new club, massive transfer fee all on top of a young lad.
He might not have the assists/goals to back it up in some games but his turn of pace, balance and agility is brilliant. He will only get better.

I've watched him a lot mind, my thoughts of Kagawa are that he's not in the same league but that's because I don't watch many Man U games, presumably you don't see many of Hazard :)

I've seen quite a lot of Hazard, I've watched all of the Chelsea's Europa League games and almost all of their PL games that have been on Sky (so mostly against decent teams). And their Champions League group games too.

He's certainly got the ability, as I've said, but overall I'm not overly impressed for a player that costs that kind of money.

He's also playing alongside Mata and Oscar, and with Lampard, Ramires, etc. Kagawa generally just got thrown in wherever we felt like playing him which surely makes things harder. He's often looked like our best player when playing, at least in a creative sense.

Next season will make for a more interesting comparison but I've got them on a level pegging at the moment, with Kagawa perhaps slightly ahead as he cost less than half what Hazard did.

I've also seen a fair few of Kagawa's games when he was playing for Dortmund, against the likes of Bayern, where he was just excellent throughout. Which is why I was pleased when I heard we were getting him.

Dortmund's team incorporated him better, though, with him behind the striker and with more creative midfielders (similar to Chelsea with Mata & Oscar). Which is why as G|mp said above, people would like to see him behind RvP from now on, he'd probably do a better job there than Rooney at least.

Permabanned
At least I'm not the only one who thinks hazard looked good.

But just to show how silly some cost comparisons sound we could have had 5x michus for one kagawa. That would have been explosive.

Nope, you really are the only people that recognised he was decent player.

You should become a scout, it's not like anyone ever knew about him before, like erm.......Arsene Wenger who's arsenal side had been linked with him for 3 years!

Did you notice Michu as well? Or did you not have a clue like most of the prem

Soldato
Last season ? You all forget very quickly..we won nothing and this season whilst we have been better than city over a consistent number of matches we have looked very ordinary.

Besides it was Tom who name checked me wasn't it? I was just browsing my own opinion until then.

Still not had a concrete answer from anyone out of who is best hazard or kagawa..

Looked very ordinary ????

So you know what would have crowned Man Utd Champions for the last six successive seasons ??? 3 Points. 2 in 2009/2010 and 1 in 2011/2012. If being ordinary means a remarkable level of consistency then bring it on.

What measure are you using to judge who is the 'best' from Kagawa and Hazard ? 3 Champions medals on the bounce perhaps, 2 in Germany and 1 in England. But of course and incredibly consistent United team carries all these 'Average' players don't they

Some Basic Stats

Kagawa

Games 20
Goals 6 (1 goal every 3.33 games)
Assists 3
Shots 21 (Converts 1 in 3.5 attempts)

Hazard

Games 34
Goals 9 (1 goal in every 3.77 Games)
Assists 11
Shots 63 (converts 1 in 7 attempts)

So in front of goal just on shots to goal ratio who do you go for ?

Caporegime
Really. He's had a few good games but for a £35-40m~ player I don't think he's been that good?

Yep id pretty much say the same as well, he hasnt really impressed me this season...he started off brightly then faded as the season went on.

Mata on the other hand always impress me, since his first season he has been pretty immense and honestly Arsenal missed a huge trick not signing him.

Don
Some odd reports tonight linking us with a move for Kolo Toure on a bosman :/

I'm not really sure what to make of it. He's well past his best and I was never a fan of his when he was at his best however if we're going to be signing 2 if not 3 CB's this summer, would he be that bad as 4th choice? I can't see us being willing to offer him much in terms of wages (despite him being free) and I suppose he would provide us with a bit of experience that we're losing with Carra retiring.

As long as he's on a short deal, not too much money and we sign a young Sami Hyypia as well, I could live with Toure coming in as cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom