Woolwich serious incident

Caporegime
I think you might be somewhat surprised by the religious and ethnic make-up of Canada. It is a place with a huge variety of cultures, especially in the larger cities. For reference their 2011 Census states that the population is approximately 3.2% Muslim (Wikipedia) and Britain is probably around 4-5% Muslim - it's not a huge disparity.

Does that figure include estimates for the number of illegal Muslim immigrants in this country? I simply don't believe that it's only 4-5% of the population.

Soldato
I follow Christ. I've never gone out to deliberately harm anyone.

And anyway, when was the last time a Christian went to an Islamic country and hacked a Muslim to death? Even if it did happen, you certainly couldn't justify it using the new testament.

I can tell you, I am a Muslim, I haven't killed anyone here.

Soldato
Really good article written by an ex soldier here. Highlight snippets:
I am a former soldier. I completed one tour of duty in Afghanistan, refused on legal and moral grounds to serve a second tour

So at the very outset, and before the rising tide of prejudice and pseudo-patriotism fully encloses us

It should by now be self-evident that by attacking Muslims overseas, you will occasionally spawn twisted and, as we saw yesterday, even murderous hatred at home. We need to recognise that, given the continued role our government has chosen to play in the US imperial project in the Middle East, we are lucky that these attacks are so few and far between.

Vast swaths of the British population also stand in opposition to these wars, including many veterans of the wars like myself and Ross, as well as serving soldiers I speak to who cannot be named here for fear of persecution

For 12 years British Muslims have been set upon, pilloried and alienated by successive governments and by the media for things that they did not do. We must say clearly that the alleged actions of these two men are theirs alone, regardless of being informed by the wars, and we should not descend into yet another round of collective responsibility peddling

Indeed, if there is collective responsibility for the killings, it belongs to the hawks whose policies have caused bloodbaths

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/23/woolwich-attack-british-foreign-policy-role

The sad thing is when all the hysteria has blown over in a weeks time, nothing will change. The gov will continue with its bloody and imperialistic foreign policy, Muslim will continue getting enraged, with some nutter trying to do x,y,z, and far right groups growing and causing trouble. Another case of tom, dick and harry getting screwed by men in suits in parliament and the lobbies that influence them. They already talking about pushing through the snooping bill, so the rest of us will lose more of our privacy thanks to a handful group of people.

Soldato
Really good article written by an ex soldier here. Highlight snippets:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/23/woolwich-attack-british-foreign-policy-role

The sad thing is when all the hysteria has blown over in a weeks time, nothing will change. The gov will continue with its bloody and imperialistic foreign policy, Muslim will continue getting enraged, with some nutter trying to do x,y,z, and far right groups growing and causing trouble. Another case of tom, dick and harry getting screwed by men in suits in parliament and the lobbies that influence them. They already talking about pushing through the snooping bill, so the rest of us will lose more of our privacy thanks to a handful group of people.

Great article. With all due respect to the forces, and speaking purely from conjecture, I imagine that a lot of them become somewhat radical in their views towards people from the Middle East while they serve out there. It's good to hear the views of somebody who has actually served there, and has a balanced viewpoint.

It's the sort of article which, if it was read by everyone, could go a long way towards everyone getting on better, and Maccy getting some rest!

Soldato
Turns out he was a month younger than me and also has a 2 year old son like me! I hope when his little boy grows up he finds the two responsible and kills them both. That is exactly what I would want my son to do had it been me!

Soldato
Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Oh but your just taking it the wrong way, your reading it wrong. It's not meant to be literal.

Then don't bloody use it as a Religious guide then.

Man of Honour
A Muslim mate of mine has just wrote on Facebook that he and his family came to Britain to get away from a Muslim State because of how horrible it was and every Muslim he knows would definitely not go back to a Muslim State.

Why would they?
they can have best of both worlds here.

Associate
Great article. With all due respect to the forces, and speaking purely from conjecture,
Middle East while they serve out there. It's good to hear the views of somebody who has actually served there, and has a balanced viewpoint.

It's the sort of article which, if it was read by everyone, could go a long way towards everyone getting on better, and Maccy getting some rest!

The author is talking ####

Back
Top Bottom