Woolwich serious incident

Man of Honour
Good lord. I can't believe how much of a fuss people are making of this. If something untoward occurred, then the fact that it may be investigated further can only be a good thing. If nothing untoward occurred, then yes, he's wasting his, and other people's time. I'd prefer to live in a world where one has the right to do what he's doing, than one where one does not.

Indeed.

Underboss
Regardless of the cost?

As I understand it the officers had no case to answer.

Correct the CPS found that the Control & Restraint procedures were followed throughout and they had no case.

The MoJ then suspended the officers involved whilst they conducted their own "investigation" and no futher action was taken.

You decide to fight back against the system and the system employs some very good, well practised and well trained proceedures to prevent you from doing so.

it was his choice to start it, he lost teeth due to his own actions.

Man of Honour
Hopefully the scumbag will get nowhere with this. It would cause absolute outrage if he won. How can a lawyer even contemplate taking on a case like this. :confused:

One of three reasons (or a combination thereof):

1) They think that unreasonable force was used against a prisoner and that shouldn't happen.

2) They think that people should be entitled to competent legal representation regardless of the circumstances.

3) They'll be paid.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Regardless of the cost?

As I understand it the officers had no case to answer.

Yes, but it's an established precedent that civil cases can be brought anyway regardless of the result of formal investigations or even criminal trials.

I would not prefer a society in which it wasn't possible to formally allege that the police used excessive force and to have a fair trial of that allegation.

Either it's allowed or it isn't. If it's allowed, it will sometimes be used by someone whose use of it will offend some people, sometimes many people. That isn't a reason to forbid it entirely, which is the only other option.

Caporegime
Good lord. I can't believe how much of a fuss people are making of this. If something untoward occurred, then the fact that it may be investigated further can only be a good thing. If nothing untoward occurred, then yes, he's wasting his, and other people's time. I'd prefer to live in a world where one has the right to do what he's doing, than one where one does not.

Exactly. He's sentenced to be held in prison not to be beaten up by prison guards. We should be concerned if any prisoner is injured during restraint and he absolutely has the right to pursue compensation. The court will make a judgement on whether the restraint used was appropriate and administered correctly; if it wasn't then the prison officers involved should be sanctioned.

Tea Drinker
Don
OP
Don't know if true however a chap on the radio said this morning that he'll have to go a long way in proof just to get legal aid first. if he can't who will fund legals for a civil payout of a few thousand?

Media hype it'll more than likely go no where

Caporegime
Don't know if true however a chap on the radio said this morning that he'll have to go a long way in proof just to get legal aid first. if he can't who will fund legals for a civil payout of a few thousand?

Media hype it'll more than likely go no where

There are plenty of taxpayer funded charities fronting for jihadis - Cage for one, who called Jihadi John a "beautiful boy".

Caporegime
Next time please use more 'restraint', only two teeth? Poor from the prison guards.

This feels like a waste of time anyway, zero chance of him proving there was any wrong doing.

As for talking about rights, in my eyes this coward should have none, he should've lost those when he ran down a man in cold blood and hacked at his head with a machete.

Last edited:
Soldato
There are plenty of taxpayer funded charities fronting for jihadis - Cage for one, who called Jihadi John a "beautiful boy".

Government Shill fake charities are one of the great scandals of the day!

It would be very interesting to see a comprehensive list of these fake charities. I am surprised nobody has created one!

Back
Top Bottom