Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
No he's not, as usual he's making out that there are loads and loads of players available. I'm not arguing that there are players that could do a job, i'm arguing that these players are available. Football just doesnt work like that. Thats why you have no big signing at Man U, if its so easy why havent they done it. IT's becuase its hard to find players like for like players to buy.

No, he's saying there are great deals done every year. That's what I read it as at least.

There are.

Don
How many of those spent every waking second giving interviews saying they wanted to leave to any and all clubs? Each of those only had 1 club they wanted to go to (from memory Masch's wife was pregnant and he wanted his child to grow up in a culture closer to his own, Rafa managed to get him to stay for another year though. Modric was pretty average in his last year, so much so his value dropped).

Sorry mate, you're talking nonsense now. Ronaldo agreed with supposed quotes from Blatter claiming Utd were treating him like a slave and Modric actually refused to play. All of those I mentioned wanted to leave, had offers to leave and were forced to stay.

Soldato
No, he's saying there are great deals done every year. That's what I read it as at least.

There are.

Yeah but he's not though. I completely agree there are bargains out there..of course there are. Naturally in all walks of life, occasionally you'll come across a bargain. The way he really means it, is, that there hundreds of players out there that could be bought from different clubs around the world easily and at the clap of 'Man U', which is just not the case. LIke i said if anyone believes that then they are mad.

Soldato
In other news, apparently Real Madrid have just smashed the transfer record.

image.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_football_transfer_record

Just waiting for it to break on Twitter before it's official.

Soldato
Yeah but he's not though. I completely agree there are bargains out there..of course there are. Naturally in all walks of life, occasionally you'll come across a bargain. The way he really means it, is, that there hundreds of players out there that could be bought from different clubs around the world easily and at the clap of 'Man U', which is just not the case. LIke i said if anyone believes that then they are mad.

That's not how it came across to me either. I read it like Gilly, that there are bargains out there (for under £20m), that are available to be signed each year, that will provide you with the sort of quality that even top clubs would want.

There's no disputing that finding those players is the hard bit - but there are quality players out there that could be signed, without having to 'splash the cash'.

Soldato
Reports that Chelsea have had a bid for Rooney turned down.

Other reports saying it was £10m plus either of Mata or Luiz. Personally I'd snap their hands off for Mata.

I don't know who's more stupid - Chelsea for offering Mata + £10m or Man Utd for turning it down.

Last edited:
Soldato
Manchester United dismissed Chelsea's opening offer for Wayne Rooney last night and remain insistent the striker is not for sale.

Chelsea are understood to have offered £10m in cash plus a player, thought to be either Juan Mata or David Luiz, in part exchange.

United immediately rejected the offer and left Chelsea in no doubt as to their position on the matter.

More to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23342660

Mata, pls.

Soldato
Who in their right mind would offer Mata + cash for Rooney. I don't believe it at all. Also finding the Cazorla thing a little hard to believe too, they've offered less than we paid for him after a successful first season?

Caporegime

Multiple other people managed to learn english and translate my post.

Its funny how you managed to misunderstand me saying "there are fantastic deals on all types of player EVERY season", to there are hundreds of players available THIS season....... But thanks for telling me the way I really meant it, I will now try and type stupid things that make no sense in english so you can potentially come across the real meaning when you randomly ignore what I type.

Again work out the numbers 8(its actually 9 if Lukaku didn't cost more than £20mil) of the top 12 players who outscored Rooney cost under 20mil, quite a few of them cost under 5mil, one of them used to be at Utd and was always the better player while there. Should we do numbers, 75% of the people who outscored Rooney last year cost less than 20mil... yet whoever it was(cba'd to go back and check) said you couldn't replace his goals for less than 20mil.

AS for what someone else said about its not just the goals and Lambert couldn't replace Rooney, you're right, however Rooney's all around game aside from scoring is, meh, and being that he was with the title winning team, you would naturally expect more goals and assists than he'd get with say, Southampton as other players create less good chances and finish chances less well around said players. I also didn't particularly say they could replace him(nor do I think they should, buy a striker, or a midfield, not a fat striker who wishes he was a midfielder, plays inbetween both positions and just kicks people), whoever it was stated you would have to spend 20+mil to replace his goals.

Michu was a needle in a haystack, what about Benteke, Berbatov(now how on earth would Utd manage to find out about that guy....), that is THREE players who outscored him who cost less than 7mil each(and less than 15m all together?) of whom one was exceptionally well know(particularly to Utd), one was very well known and being talked about across Europe, the other was the 10th highest scorer in La Liga the previous year, Kone also managed to get bought for I believe it was 7 or 9mil iirc, he scored the same amount, both outscored Cazorla... another player who was bought for under 20mil last season.

SO Michu is a once in a blue moon player, though there were three alone last season.... and these players pop up EVERY season without fail, multiple players go on fantastic deals every single year.

Vela went to Sociedad a couple of years ago for 4million and has been in the 12-13 goal range and has been fantastic and is very highly rated in La Liga, Villa went for 5.1mil euro's this season... yup Michu was a one off, its crazy rare for good value deals to happen. Ivanovic 8-9mil superb defender for sub 10mil, superb. Dembele a few years ago to Fulham, superb player for great value. Kompany, probably the best CB in the league over the past 4 years, 5mil, fantastic player, fantastic value. Hangeland, Dempsey, Varane went for sub 10mil and is already a very good CB with epic potential. There are great deals every single season and its always absurd to me when people claim you can't replace player X for less than some huge amount.

I've said before, outside of a Ronaldo, Messi and a VERY few others, everyone else is replaceable and there are ALWAYS great deals.

Last edited:
Soldato
Multiple other people managed to learn english and translate my post.

Its funny how you managed to misunderstand me saying "there are fantastic deals on all types of player EVERY season", to there are hundreds of players available THIS season....... But thanks for telling me the way I really meant it, I will now try and type stupid things that make no sense in english so you can potentially come across the real meaning when you randomly ignore what I type.

Again work out the numbers 8(its actually 9 if Lukaku didn't cost more than £20mil) of the top 12 players who outscored Rooney cost under 20mil, quite a few of them cost under 5mil, one of them used to be at Utd and was always the better player while there. Should we do numbers, 75% of the people who outscored Rooney last year cost less than 20mil... yet whoever it was(cba'd to go back and check) said you couldn't replace his goals for less than 20mil.

AS for what someone else said about its not just the goals and Lambert couldn't replace Rooney, you're right, however Rooney's all around game aside from scoring is, meh, and being that he was with the title winning team, you would naturally expect more goals and assists than he'd get with say, Southampton as other players create less good chances and finish chances less well around said players. I also didn't particularly say they could replace him(nor do I think they should, buy a striker, or a midfield, not a fat striker who wishes he was a midfielder, plays inbetween both positions and just kicks people), whoever it was stated you would have to spend 20+mil to replace his goals.

But there's a difference between signing somebody who is almost guaranteed to get the 20+ goals a season needed by a top club, and taking a £5m punt on somebody who might do it this season, or in a few seasons, or who might never manage it.

Steedie said:
I don't really come to the Football part of the forum all that often, but does drunkenmaster ever post less than 3 paragraphs?

No.

Soldato
Who in their right mind would offer Mata + cash for Rooney. I don't believe it at all. Also finding the Cazorla thing a little hard to believe too, they've offered less than we paid for him after a successful first season?

Yeah its rubbish, I don't believe a word of it either.

Mata is currently Chelsea's best player by a considerable margin, they would be doing a lot of damage to their side getting rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom