Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Yeah its rubbish, I don't believe a word of it either.

Mata is currently Chelsea's best player by a considerable margin, they would be doing a lot of damage to their side getting rid.

There is lots of rumours that Mourinho doesn't fancy Mata though, way before all this kicked off.

Soldato
Rumours (in Spanish) on Twitter of Cazorla to Atletico.

Apparently it's been going on for a while: Es la tercera noche que leo cosas acerca de Santi Cazorla y el Atleti y ya me lo estoy empezando a tomar en serio

= (roughly) "It's the third night of the matter concerning Santi Cazorla and Atletico and I'm starting to think that I should take it seriously."

I really can't see that happening.

Arsenal would be complete idiots to sell him. They need to buy bloody players,not keep selling their best ones. And, yes, I'm aware I'm pointing out the bleeding obvious :p

Soldato
It has been reported in the past that Jose has no interest in Luiz/Mata, so it's quite possibly 2 + 2 being stuck together to make 5.

Exactly this. No idea where those rumours first came from about Jose not wanting Mata/Luiz, but this is clearly papers putting 2+2 together to get 13.

Caporegime
I don't really come to the Football part of the forum all that often, but does drunkenmaster ever post less than 3 paragraphs?

Miracles do happen.

s5vij7.jpg

Soldato
The difficulty is with all of these things going on, I can't for the life of me see that the amount of *genuine people reporting it, that there's no smoke without fire.

*What are believed to be and have been in the past reputable journalists.

Exactly this. No idea where those rumours first came from about Jose not wanting Mata/Luiz, but this is clearly papers putting 2+2 together to get 13.

Both rumours started as soon as he got into the job, with an apparent dislike for Luiz and the way he plays and that Mata was seen as one of 'Rafas Boys', or some other sort of tosh.

I'm not sure I'm surprised by any transfers or madness these days to be honest, though!

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Seriously, Mata and 10m for Rooney. No one would be so stupid. Mata is worth more than Rooney and Mata is the creative glue that makes Chelsea the team they are.

I have no idea why the media are saying that Arsenal would sell Cazorla to Athletico for the same price they paid. He was very good last year and Arsenal wouldn't want to sell.

Caporegime
Just got in and.... wut?!?? If it's true why would you turn down £10m + Mata?!?! Madness!

Says a lot about Mourinho though, he really must not like Mata, or Luiz.

Soldato
It's very hard to see Man U letting Rooney go to a premier league rival, but I wouldn't entirely rule it out. To make it happen, Chelsea (or another club) would have to offer over the odds, or provide some other incentive (player), otherwise Man U would just attempt to offload him to somewhere like Monaco or PSG.

It's hard to see this as the work of reputable journalism, when the original Mata/Luiz story seemed to come from no-where. Definitely just looks like someone has gone back through all the rumours this summer and gone:

Rooney unhappy at Man U - check
Jose a fan of Rooney - check
Man U after creative midfielder - check
Jose not a fan of Luiz/Mata - check
Potential swap rumour on the cards - check

Soldato
I'm finding this transfer windows even more infuriating than usual because of all the made up stories, it seems worse than normal. To top it off Arsenal look to be arsing about so far as well :(.

Soldato
Wonder if mou doesn't like players who were fans of Rafa, wouldn't be all that surprising

If I remember rightly that was mentioned as possibly being what started the original 'Jose doesn't like Mata/Luiz' rumour. I just can't see that there is any basis what so ever in that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom