Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don

How many examples of clubs keeping players despite them wanting to leave do you want me to list?

Utd kept Ronaldo for another year when he wanted to leave, Arsenal kept Fabregas for another year when he wanted to leave, we kept Masch for another year when he wanted to leave, Spurs kept Modric for another year when he wanted to leave (and even refused to play).

Realistically the club know they're going to sell Suarez in the next 18 months it's now about the club doing what's best for them. If a decent offer doesn't come in this summer then he won't go - the club will have a month to settle him down after the transfer window ends before he's available to play and Suarez only knows one way of playing once he's on the pitch. The club also know that worst case they'll still be able to get the £30m odd that's been offered for him next summer anyway.

Caporegime
Who are all these top players?

Well lets see, he said they'd need 20mil at least to replace his goals in his Rooney's worst season, I pointed out that 8 players who moved for under 20mil outscored Rooney last year. So as you didn't take the hint first time, those 8 people were all pretty good deals, varying from fantastic(2mil for Michu, around a mil for Lambert, 5 mil for Bale, Demba ba on a free, 7mil benteke) to the very good but not epic (11mil for Lampard, Lukaku I've actually seen said to be 12mil rising to 20mil with add on's which is still damn good).

Thats just the ones that outscored Rooney last season, all pretty much brilliant value, and those deals happen every single year without fail in all positions. Free transfers, youngsters, managing to get a great deal on someone like Lampard. Outside of a ridiculously small number of players the likes of Ronaldo, Falcao, there is always a new great player ready to have his breakthrough year, or a player leaving a club in financial trouble, or an older player leaving on the cheap who still has plenty of goals and quality left in him. There are epic deals every single season without fail.

Soldato
Sounds like Arsenal are pushing the boat out with a £40m bid for Suarez.

I rate his ability but its a bit risky with his personality. For just over that we could have Higuain and Bernard. Is he worth that price?

At least it gives DM more ammo for another season against the evil Wenger Mahahahaha :D

Soldato
Rumours (in Spanish) on Twitter of Cazorla to Atletico.

Apparently it's been going on for a while: Es la tercera noche que leo cosas acerca de Santi Cazorla y el Atleti y ya me lo estoy empezando a tomar en serio

= (roughly) "It's the third night of the matter concerning Santi Cazorla and Atletico and I'm starting to think that I should take it seriously."

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like Arsenal are pushing the boat out with a £40m bid for Suarez.

I rate his ability but its a bit risky with his personality. For just over that we could have Higuain and Bernard. Is he worth that price?

it makes me feel better about the fee being banded about for benteke to spurs :/

Soldato
How many examples of clubs keeping players despite them wanting to leave do you want me to list?

Utd kept Ronaldo for another year when he wanted to leave, Arsenal kept Fabregas for another year when he wanted to leave, we kept Masch for another year when he wanted to leave, Spurs kept Modric for another year when he wanted to leave (and even refused to play).

How many of those spent every waking second giving interviews saying they wanted to leave to any and all clubs? Each of those only had 1 club they wanted to go to (from memory Masch's wife was pregnant and he wanted his child to grow up in a culture closer to his own, Rafa managed to get him to stay for another year though. Modric was pretty average in his last year, so much so his value dropped).

Last edited:
Soldato
Rumours (in Spanish) on Twitter of Cazorla to Atletico.

Apparently it's been going on for a while: Es la tercera noche que leo cosas acerca de Santi Cazorla y el Atleti y ya me lo estoy empezando a tomar en serio

= (roughly) "It's the third night of the matter concerning Santi Cazorla and Atletico and I'm starting to think that I should take it seriously."

I really can't see that happening.

Soldato
Well lets see, he said they'd need 20mil at least to replace his goals in his Rooney's worst season, I pointed out that 8 players who moved for under 20mil outscored Rooney last year. So as you didn't take the hint first time, those 8 people were all pretty good deals, varying from fantastic(2mil for Michu, around a mil for Lambert, 5 mil for Bale, Demba ba on a free, 7mil benteke) to the very good but not epic (11mil for Lampard, Lukaku I've actually seen said to be 12mil rising to 20mil with add on's which is still damn good).

Thats just the ones that outscored Rooney last season, all pretty much brilliant value, and those deals happen every single year without fail in all positions. Free transfers, youngsters, managing to get a great deal on someone like Lampard. Outside of a ridiculously small number of players the likes of Ronaldo, Falcao, there is always a new great player ready to have his breakthrough year, or a player leaving a club in financial trouble, or an older player leaving on the cheap who still has plenty of goals and quality left in him. There are epic deals every single season without fail.

You live in dream world! You named 8 players that outscored Rooney last season. Pathetic. I asked you who are all these top players available for transfer? I'm talking people for this season.

Man of Honour
You live in dream world! You named 8 players that outscored Rooney last season. Pathetic. I asked you who are all these top players available for transfer? I'm talking people for this season.

To be fair, how do you expect him to name everyone that's available that would be a great deal at the moment? His point still stands and his post wasn't pathetic.

If he could tell us all who big clubs could go for he'd be making a lot of money in the game :) That's what scouting networks are for.

Soldato
If you could name the 'available bargains' surely that would instantly drive their price up?

I think his point is fair, at least to a point. In that you don't have to sign a £20m+ player to get quality.

He does then somewhat negate his point by listing players like Lampard as being a 'bargain' at £11m. But this was £11m back in 2000/2001, which is easily comparable to £20m now, if not actually higher.

Soldato
To be fair, how do you expect him to name everyone that's available that would be a great deal at the moment? His point still stands and his post wasn't pathetic.

If he could tell us all who big clubs could go for he'd be making a lot of money in the game :) That's what scouting networks are for.

No he's not, as usual he's making out that there are loads and loads of players available. I'm not arguing that there are players that could do a job, i'm arguing that these players are available. Football just doesnt work like that. Thats why you have no big signing at Man U, if its so easy why havent they done it. IT's becuase its hard to find players like for like players to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom