Google-Motorola "X Phone" in the 2013 pipeline?

Caporegime
Perhaps! :D :p and very true! I just can't help it :o

But we already know more or less the specs. (which are all great) except for the camera area and battery (which should be good since it is moto) and all of this camera tech. could be true due to their marketing and the stuff they have posted on twitter. Might not actually use that exact hardware, as sarge said it could very well be software, but the idea of capturing non blurry shots of moving people/objects even in low light is a huge advantage.

Just have to wait and see, hopefully not much longer.

The main thing that I love the most about this so far (that we do know of) is the design, front just looks so awesome :cool:

Hopefully the price I have been told doesn't change..... as that will be what impresses pretty much everyone, even more so than the nexus 4....

Last edited:
Soldato
If the rumours of some of the tech in this thing are true I don't see how they will be able to match Nexus 4 prices. I expect it to be cheaper then the other flagships though, possibly £350ish?

Especially if the battery is bigger then the Nexus 4, which I expect it to be as Moto really like large batteries.

Caporegime
Probably cheaper construction (if the custom backs like carbon fibre, engraving etc. are true then that will probably be an additional cost) and put together cheaply. Plus they would have saved a fair bit of money by using older screen tech. (am sure that they would be able to pick up 720P SAMOLED panel for pretty cheap these days [assuming it is the older gen SAMOLED panel]) and last years CPU chipset and then leaving other wee things out like the nled etc. (it all adds up! :p)

But I am having my doubts about the price I have been told too after seeing some of the possible extra specs but then the price I was given was for another version (which is supposedly more or less the same, just screen size difference iirc).....

Soldato
I would have thought their new development process which involves complete device construction in the US would be more costly then the Chinese options. I guess we will just need to wait and see.

I think there's definitely a chance the phone will be revealed alongside the new Nexus 7 on the 24th so fingers crossed for then!

Soldato
rumored spec is a let down...

A dual-core (not quad-core) Qualcomm S4 Pro MSM8960DT 1.7GHz CPU, Adreno 320 GPU (I'm not actually sure what the "d" stands for in the processor model number)
2GB of RAM
720x1184 4.7" (about 4.5" without on-screen buttons) display
2.1MP front-facing camera / 10.5MP rear camera
Android 4.2.2
16GB internal memory, 12GB of which is user-accessible (at least in one variant)
NFC
About 18-19K AnTuTu score
About 7100 3DMark Ice Storm Extreme score

Soldato
Honestly unless your gaming on your phone what does the cpu really matter?

A smooth experience is more to do with software optimisation then the cpu these days. Plus wasn't there a rumour around that the new camera tech only worked on this processor?

So long as it has 2GB of ram I'm more interested in the camera, sound and screen to be honest and the quality of these is yet to be determined as well as the price. :)

Soldato

A dual-core (not quad-core) Qualcomm S4 Pro MSM8960DT 1.7GHz CPU, Adreno 320 GPU (I'm not actually sure what the "d" stands for in the processor model number)
dual core maybe....

if it's hitting 18-19k on antutu then it's pretty much matching the nexus 4's quad core with a dual core.... the nexus 4 isn't exactly seen as slow. The moto x is also up there with the s600 cpu's based on the link by nexus18 on an earlier page.

Like others I'm not so much worried about gaming, price and 'smoothness' will do more for me as I'm pretty sure I don't need a top end quad etc.

Last edited:
Caporegime

2GB of RAM
Android 4.2.2
16GB internal memory, 12GB of which is user-accessible (at least in one variant)
NFC

Seems to me its a bit of a nothingy phone

Can't see anything that stands out over the already released competition.

I thought this phone was going to be 1080, 5in, quad.. Is there even an sd slot? No led either
I bought my razr maxx hd as a stop gap to this but I won't be getting it, for me its mainly the screen I look for in a new phone, battery and ram

Last edited:
Caporegime
Personally I think they may have got the dual wrong......... don't forget you can change the hardware info. to show whatever you want and can also disable 2 threads etc.

Either way, it doesn't bother me in the slightest as there will be zero difference between quad and dual S4 pro (my one s feels just as fast as most quad core phones and am sure once it gets sense v5/4.2.2, it will be very hard to tell the difference between it and the htc one [and it is using the dual krait s4 cpu with adreno 225, 1GB RAM])

At least it still has the adreno 320 GPU (which is more important for gaming) and @720P, that will be more than enough with 2GB RAM.

A smooth experience is more to do with software optimisation then the cpu these days.

+100000000000000000000000000000

It seems like moto have concentrated more on the software side of things this time so hopefully they have got every area optimised to be able to get the absolute best out of the hardware.

That is all that we are left with now:

- screen quality i.e. calibration (moto did a good job with their razr phones), brightness, view ability in sunshine etc.
- battery life/size (moto phones usually always excel in this area)
- camera (usually not great in this department, but if the supposed talk/rumours about the camera are true, then it should be very good and possibly even give the GS 4/htc one etc. a run for their money [at least in a few areas anyway])
- sound quality (iirc, they did a good job with the razr phones [not so much the razr i, due to the intel chipset]), obviously it isn't going to be htc one good since it has only 1 tiny speaker on the back though :(

And price will be the biggest factor, what I have heard is starting to sound a bit too good to be true (assuming the specs are roughly the same for the other version that we will most likely get), but I expect that it will be roughly the same as the nexus 4, no dearer than £300 anyway......

Last edited:
Soldato
visually looks very nice in those recent shots. guess we'll have to see what the battery life and sim free price is like to see whether its going to be a contender

Soldato

2GB of RAM
Android 4.2.2
NFC

Big letdown, I get pretty much the same benchmark scores on a stock xperia z but it has a 1080p screen, better camera, SD card slot etc.

Back
Top Bottom