CorsairLink.

Soldato
I am wondering if this is worth using? i have a H80i and it seems this is the best way to control my fans but i heard it can cause random bsods.Anyone here using it and have had any issues?

Associate
I use the CorsairLink software myself with no issues. no one can predict what it'll do on your system - can only suggest setting a restore point and trying it.

For those also using CL software - the latest beta version also controls the fan on AMD GFX (confirmed) so things are improving.
Don't try the betas if you're running a 6-core AMD or a Haswell, temp readings are way off.

Associate
Ive been using it for a few days, and I am already totally sick of corsair link (h100i- with push pull)

i dont know if its me, but half the time it just does what the hell it wants. for example set a fan to quiet and it stays at max. also keeps adding the same things multiple times. so i see my fans listed 2x although 1 set of fans etc reads as 0rpm.

anyways im looking for better ways to control my system very disappointed in the software :/

question: If you only connect the h100i to the sata power, and plug the fans directly into MB or a fan controller, the pump should still function as its ment to ? or do you have to plug in the 4pin that comes out of the pump block ?

Associate
Ive been using it for a few days, and I am already totally sick of corsair link (h100i- with push pull)

i dont know if its me, but half the time it just does what the hell it wants. for example set a fan to quiet and it stays at max. also keeps adding the same things multiple times. so i see my fans listed 2x although 1 set of fans etc reads as 0rpm.

anyways im looking for better ways to control my system very disappointed in the software :/

question: If you only connect the h100i to the sata power, and plug the fans directly into MB or a fan controller, the pump should still function as its ment to ? or do you have to plug in the 4pin that comes out of the pump block ?

Just a question, but you will be surprised how many people fail to do so, Are you saving the Fan profile every time you change it, or just exiting the program? you have to save the profile each time, or it will revert to previous when you exit CorsairLink2

Soldato
I've used corsair link for a while with the link commander and light and cooling node and it doesa ggood job never had an issue with fans doing different speeds on there own

Associate
I agree been using link with h80i for couple of days and not had a problem yet, ive set up 3 profiles (quiet, gaming, rendering) and fans react as soon as i change the profile, i also have the led change to different colour depending on profile helps keep track at what profile your on at a glance.

Id suggest going into the options tab and setting your profiles up in there and make sure you save them and see if that helps

Associate
Just a question, but you will be surprised how many people fail to do so, Are you saving the Fan profile every time you change it, or just exiting the program? you have to save the profile each time, or it will revert to previous when you exit CorsairLink2

yes i do save, basically i have 1 fan that, if i set it to max is fine but it will not go below 1700RPM the other 3 fans read as around 700 when set to quiet.

does any 1 know if the pump needs the 4pin connection to the motherboard?

Soldato
yes i do save, basically i have 1 fan that, if i set it to max is fine but it will not go below 1700RPM the other 3 fans read as around 700 when set to quiet.

does any 1 know if the pump needs the 4pin connection to the motherboard?

If you mean the 4-pin with just the single wire on it then no it's just the RPM sensor. Some BIOSs have fail-safe options to shut down the computer should the CPU fan fail.

If you want to leave this plug off, first check your BIOS settings and disable the fail-safe if necessary.

Personally I haven't done this, I've plugged it in and kept the fail-safe on. That way IF the pump does fail my BIOS will protect my CPU.

Associate
I have it unplugged right now, because i need the CPU/ 2nd CPU header for the rad fans.

I have not checked yet but i assume the BIOS has a max CPU temp at which point it will auto shutdown. so if the pump was to stop it should be ok?

also corsair link shows the RPM of the pump.

Soldato
I have it unplugged right now, because i need the CPU/ 2nd CPU header for the rad fans.

I have not checked yet but i assume the BIOS has a max CPU temp at which point it will auto shutdown. so if the pump was to stop it should be ok?

In theory yes. I'm not inclined to trust it but that's just a personal choice.

Also I don't use CorsairLink beyond setting the LED colour. Both my rad fans are controlled via PWM on the CPU header and the pump is monitored by SYSFAN_1 header.

Associate

Your CPU will have an overheat thermal protection, where when it reaches it's temp limit, it'll automatically shutdown the system to avoid damage.

I'd still recommend that you connect 3pin (1wire) connector to the CPU fan header. This will allow you to monitor the pump's rpm via Corsair Link SW, which should be around 2200rpm.

Back
Top Bottom