****The Official Nokia 925 Thread****

Soldato
Thankfully the Three store were much more amenable than customer services. Phone will be swapped shortly.

Was just going to say they should replace it.

Let me clear up some info on Glance for you guys.

- Glance displays the clock and battery info when the phone is not being used.
- Double tap to wake is exactly as it says, double tap the screen when off and the phone will wake.
- Glance will use up very little battery life due to the screen being AMOLED, and only the pixels that are needed are switched on.
- Glance will appear when you lock the phone and by default will stay there for 15 minutes unless you change the settings. You can turn it off all together.
- If you put the phone in your pocket and glance is on the screen, it will sense it is in your pocket and turn off. When you remove it from your pocket, it will sense this and switch it back on for the time it is out of your pocket (hence the name glance).
- You can replicate the phone being in your pocket by covering the proximity sensor along the top of the phone.

Soldato
How are poeple finding the 925?

I'm mulling over the idea of binning my iPhone 5 in favour of a 925. For a few reasons. Namely a change! Better photo's and tight integration with hotmail/skydrive.

Anyone else done the same?

Associate
Depends if we're going to see a "true" 920 successor in a few months. I'd personally wait but if you can't then the 925 seems a really nice choice for WP.

Associate
If you want to try WP8 amazon.de are selling the Samsung Ativ S for €209.

I'm also coming from the iPhone 5 and was interested in the Nokia but for the price I ordered the Samsung instead.

Man of Honour
No point get anything other than Nokia.
Even for that price it's a silly buy.

Nokia are only ones allowed to tamper with wp8 so you won't see nokia features on other manufactures, they have many exclusive apps etc.

Lumia 520 is only £99 so cheaper than the ativ a anyway. Or 620 etc to try wp8 out on.

Associate
No point get anything other than Nokia.
Even for that price it's a silly buy.

Nokia are only ones allowed to tamper with wp8 so you won't see nokia features on other manufactures, they have many exclusive apps etc.

Lumia 520 is only £99 so cheaper than the ativ a anyway. Or 620 etc to try wp8 out on.

I was only really interested in the drive here+ which I can get on the Samsung.

No way would I go from the iPhone 5 to the 620 and definitely not the 520.

Man of Honour
I was only really interested in the drive here+ which I can get on the Samsung.

No way would I go from the iPhone 5 to the 620 and definitely not the 520.

The ativ s is nothing special. All wp8 have very similar internals, so to say that you would go to the ativ over the others is a bit odd.
It's not just the nookia here stuff, Nokia has lots of other tweaks to wp8 from settings too clearing the temp folder.

The only two real things on the cheaper nokias. Are 512 of ram rather than 1G, which means you can't use a few apps. I haven't come accros many. Well only one, the monopoly game.
And the CPU iOS only clocked to 1ghz rather than 1.5

There's a reason nokia have over 90% of the wp8 market and why they have gone all in with Ms.

Last edited:
Don
I should be getting this on Wednesday as a replacement for my 920 which was annoying as I have 3 replacement phones and all kept restarting. They offered me a free upgrade to this as I do love the operating system and (normally) Nokia good build quality.

Lets see how I get on :)

Stelly

Soldato
I should be getting this on Wednesday as a replacement for my 920 which was annoying as I have 3 replacement phones and all kept restarting. They offered me a free upgrade to this as I do love the operating system and (normally) Nokia good build quality.

Lets see how I get on :)

Stelly

Stelly have you used iPhones at all? If so how do you find the lumia's over the iPhones?

Don
Stelly have you used iPhones at all? If so how do you find the lumia's over the iPhones?

Yes I had a 4S when is came out and while I did like it I just got a bit annoyed with bits of it...

I do like the Lumia 920 a lot wireless charging is great when knackered at night the OS is fantastic, really, the thing that I don't like about Android is that to me it feels webby like it is built on a webpage.

I love live tiles and the way that you can customise it more over iOS. Even though I have had issues with the 920 the phone just feels quality the camera is the best I have ever had and I have had a 4S and a S3 as well you can get some good quality shots but the 925 is suppose to be better. The screen on the Lumia is not bad at all I watch things on it while on the train.

Apart from the start issues the phone is fantastic, for a dual core cpu its bloody quick to start apps and restart the phone gaming on it is smooth I have been playing Zombie HQ and I never get any lag. The cpu used is suppose the be the best for graphics and I know that the windows store isn't the best for quantity at the moment but its getting there and I have purchased games off there.

The videos are quality as well and I think its 720 def which isn't bad. I have used both the camera and video a lot more as I feel that its more integrated and I like the fact that I don't have to use bloody iTunes to do everything (I hate, hate, hate iTunes)

The reason that I went for the 925 is that a lot of people have said that it is what the 920 should have been at launch but to be honest I like the 920 as its different compared to other smart phones that you can get in white, black, or grey! The 925 addresses a good few bugs that I have read and honestly I don't know any other company like Nokia that have listened to consumers and updated the phone to the 925.

The only issue I have had is the restarting which I have had in all 3 phones that I have had (don't forget that they were reconditioned) even with these issues the WP8 OS and nokia just great feel I could not recommend it enough.

I think that Microsoft have got a lot right with the new OS and they needed to since they were really one of the first on the market with smart phones and just messed it all up (nothing new) I do like the integration with facebook and twitter and the feel is well spot on. I can understand that its not to everyones taste but try it out I really love it....

Stelly

Soldato
You won't have long to wait. All the telcos in the UK just got the details of the next iPhone (or rather, they got the date range the announcement will be in) and it isn't too far off.

Associate
You won't have long to wait. All the telcos in the UK just got the details of the next iPhone (or rather, they got the date range the announcement will be in) and it isn't too far off.

Sorry to hijack but any news on when Vodafone will announce 4G stuff :p or is it all still generic summer this year?

Soldato
Haha, this is actually a long standing joke internally as the UK CEO put out a mail that amounted to "today O2 announced their 4G strat. That's nice for them but I'm not worried" and then hinted we would announce details within the next few weeks (TURBO EDIT: Turns out it's today, am behind :( ). He's pretty upbeat, likely because (TOTALLY IN MY OPINION) the O2 deployment strat is really... odd. No major city coverage down south? Slow rollout? No prices announced bar the entry? I'm just looking at it from a rollout perspective but there's something just not quite right here.

Don
Hey Guys,

Got the phone today and its so much lighter and the screen seems more defined, I have the 32Gb version so plenty of space... I'm really liking it at the moment you can really tell the difference :)

Stelly

Back
Top Bottom