****The Official Nokia 925 Thread****

Soldato
I've not really seen any love for this handset yet on here, certainly not in a dedicated thread anyway.

JrWkaHZ.jpg

GENERAL
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - all versions
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - RM-892, RM-893
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - RM-910
4G Network LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 - RM-892
LTE 700 / 1700 / 2100 - RM-893

SIM
Micro-SIM

BODY
Dimensions 129 x 70.6 x 8.5 mm, 78 cc (5.08 x 2.78 x 0.33 in)
Weight 139 g (4.90 oz)

DISPLAY
Type AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 768 x 1280 pixels, 4.5 inches (~332 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- PureMotion HD+ ClearBlack display

SOUND
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
- Dolby Headphone sound enhancement

MEMORY
Card slot No
Internal 16 GB/ 32 GB (Vodafone UK only), 1 GB RAM

DATA
GPRS Class B
EDGE Up to 236.8 kbps
Speed HSDPA, 42.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps; LTE, Cat3, 50 Mbps UL, 100 Mbps DL
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth Yes, v3.0 with A2DP
NFC Yes
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0

CAMERA
Primary 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus, dual-LED flash
Features 1/3'' sensor size, PureView technology, geo-tagging, touch focus
Video Yes, 1080p@30fps, video stabilization
Secondary Yes, 1.3 MP, 720p@30fps

FEATURES
OS Microsoft Windows Phone 8
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon
CPU Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait
GPU Adreno 225
Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
Browser HTML5
Radio FM radio
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS
Java No
Colors Black, White, Gray
- SNS integration
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 7GB free SkyDrive storage
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/WMA player
- MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player
- Document viewer/editor
- Video/photo editor
- Voice memo/command/dial
- Predictive text input

BATTERY
Non-removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery (BL-4YW)
Stand-by (2G) / Up to 440 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 18 h 20 min (2G) / Up to 12 h 40 min (3G)
Music play Up to 55 h

Spec list shamelessly stolen from GSM Arena: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_925-5451.php

0qvzVzd.jpg.png

an26Xab.jpg
http://conversations.nokia.com/2013/05/17/ten-reasons-to-get-excited-about-the-nokia-lumia-925/

To me it looks like the handset that the Lumia 920 should have been all along. Very attractive phone and a much better size. I know that pre-orders are being taken now but by the looks of it they are also being shipped as my fiancée's just arrived today direct from Vodafone (in black). Has anyone else ordered or received their's yet?

If a passing Don could add 'Lumia' to the tread title that would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I suspect as its hardly any different from a 920 other than the wireless charging has been stripped out, making it slightly thinner.

Lack of sd card means its a no go for me. Probably end up with one of the cheaper ones for the time being. Smashed the back of the iPhone today.

Associate
I imagine most people that were really interested in a high end WP8 device will have already gone for the 920. Others might be thinking of waiting for a full refresh towards the end of the year, assuming a 12 month cycle.

Plus we've had all the Android flagships released recently so anyone who was wanting a new phone right now probably will have gotten one of those unless they were specifically seeking WP8.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I imagine most people that were really interested in a high end WP8 device will have already gone for the 920. Others might be thinking of waiting for a full refresh towards the end of the year, assuming a 12 month cycle.

Plus we've had all the Android flagships released recently so anyone who was wanting a new phone right now probably will have gotten one of those unless they were specifically seeking WP8.

I am going to be guessing the above is pretty much how it is at the moment. I am personally waiting for the project EOS handset. However, am wondering what SoC they are going to use with it. As the only SoC that a capable of handling more than 21MP is the Snapdragon 800 series.

However, that said if anything was to happen to my 920 I'd probably pick one of these up.

Caporegime
Basically a lumia 920 in a different shell with a different flash. Don't really see the point besides for people who were having issues holding the 920 with its enormous weight...

Soldato
Im kinda more interested in the more advanced optics though and will look forward to the reviews to see the kind of quality its getting.

Plus as a 920 owner and this is running Nokias updates will be interesting to see what advances have been made.

Associate
The camera should be interesting.

However if you already have a 920 I can't really see it being a sensible or worthwhile swap considering the costs involved.

Soldato
its a 920 with some weight cut off? and some fancy camera naming?! ACTIONSHOT.. MAGIC :)

we've seen all this before moons ago, it runs slow-ish hardware(mid range phones come with those specs)

im not sure what the gaming situation is on w8m but i can't imagine 220 gpu running everything as good as a 320 would :)

basically

midrange specs, top range price.

Soldato
OP
its a 920 with some weight cut off? and some fancy camera naming?! ACTIONSHOT.. MAGIC :)

we've seen all this before moons ago, it runs slow-ish hardware(mid range phones come with those specs)

im not sure what the gaming situation is on w8m but i can't imagine 220 gpu running everything as good as a 320 would :)

basically

midrange specs, top range price.

It's a flagship WP8 device though. It doesn't have 'mid range' spec for a WP8 either. As far as I know system requirements are less for WP8 so there's no need for 'OMG OCTACORE' here. It also has AMOLED rather than an IPS screen which is more suited to Metro UI.

It is iterative design wise though yes. Personally, the size and weight were one of the things that put me off the 920 so they're a welcome addition here. Beefier specs would have been better but you're not going to get those with WP8 yet are you?

Soldato
It's a flagship WP8 device though. It doesn't have 'mid range' spec for a WP8 either. As far as I know system requirements are less for WP8 so there's no need for 'OMG OCTACORE' here. It also has AMOLED rather than an IPS screen which is more suited to Metro UI.

It is iterative design wise though yes. Personally, the size and weight were one of the things that put me off the 920 so they're a welcome addition here. Beefier specs would have been better but you're not going to get those with WP8 yet are you?

oh i know that w8 will run great on those specs, the point i was trying to make is that it'll cost 500 quid when theres simply no hardware thats worth 500 quid inside it, yes even your top end samsungs and htc's dont have that but then you know youre getting the best hardware in the market.. in this case it would feel a bit like paying for a name - which imo is not that great these days.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
oh i know that w8 will run great on those specs, the point i was trying to make is that it'll cost 500 quid when theres simply no hardware thats worth 500 quid inside it, yes even your top end samsungs and htc's dont have that but then you know youre getting the best hardware in the market.. in this case it would feel a bit like paying for a name - which imo is not that great these days.

Isn't that the same with all flagship devices though now days?! The iPhone which can be argued has equal or low specs than this phone. Plus it can also be argued that some aspects of the phone has better hardware on board i.e the camera.

However, it not all about the hardware within in the phone. Aesthetics are also important to most users, that's normally how they perceive the phones worth not cpus ram etc... Yes, I know the OcUK forums are a execution to the rules on this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eyeing this up for my Mrs as she wants a good camera phone to take snaps of the kids..trouble is they say Xenon flash is the best but thats only available for the 928 :mad:

Caporegime
[RXP]Andy;24449376 said:
The Lumia 920 has only been available in 32GB, the Lumia 925 is available in both 16 & 32GB variants.

Seems a bit pointless really, 32 is the minimum for phones these days imo, I recall some grumbling about the lumia 920 only having a 32 gig model. Aluminium as well, scratch magnet =/

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm not sure that I'd agree that 32Gb is a minimum these days, still the 32Gb is here to give you the option if you want it. My fiancée has gone for the 32Gb version which you get on Vodafone.

The unboxing and Verge review were encouraging. My fiancée hasn't opened her's yet but I'll give my impressions when I get my hands on it tomorrow.

It's only the outer edge that is aluminium so I don't see scratches being that much of an issue, you should try owning a One, they are a nightmare for that!

Soldato
Why such a lack of interest? Now that iOS 7 looks like it was designed by bozo the clown I might get one of these...

The lack of interest i would say is because of the OS it is running. If it was running Android there would be a massive thread on it because it is a gorgeous looking piece of hardware.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom