****The Official Nokia 925 Thread****

Associate
beautiful phone, and great work by Nokia & MS. What a turn around for Nokia in the last year. Cant wait to update next year from a perfect nokia Lumia 620 :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Was messing about with one today, personally I much prefer the 920, it has a much more solid feel about it due to the weight. The 925 is a good bit lighter, the feel of it reminds me of a Samsung galaxy, just doesn't feel as robust and likely to survive a drop as the 920.

Soldato
Was messing about with one today, personally I much prefer the 920, it has a much more solid feel about it due to the weight. The 925 is a good bit lighter, the feel of it reminds me of a Samsung galaxy, just doesn't feel as robust and likely to survive a drop as the 920.

~180g vs ~140g

Soldato
I imagine most people that were really interested in a high end WP8 device will have already gone for the 920. Others might be thinking of waiting for a full refresh towards the end of the year, assuming a 12 month cycle.

Plus we've had all the Android flagships released recently so anyone who was wanting a new phone right now probably will have gotten one of those unless they were specifically seeking WP8.

Its a nice phone, but Im addicted to wireless charging now :p
Also, Im happy with the 920 for now, especially with the regular updates nokia push out, there is still the 'Amber' update to come as well as Windows blue, so there is a fair bit of life left yet in the 920.
Having said that, I will be sorely tempted to upgrade when the 'EOS' model comes out as that looks seriously sweet

Soldato
I'm still tempted to get one of these, just can't quite bring myself to order one though.

I'd be moving over from a Galaxy note, which I think has spoiled me for screen estate. Worried losing nearly an inch off the screen will be frustrating.

I'm also concerned about the quality of the applications. It's not just about having the big apps, it's about how well developed they are. Looking at things like the Facebook app, they look very immature... which is a shame.

Man of Honour
Tbh, its a bit late getting a top end wp8 atm, i would wait for the quad core 1080p screens at the end of the year, unless you need to change.

twe

twe

Associate
Stopped myself changing to the 920 and 925 due to the price increase with not much of a step up.... Let's see how EOS is though and when it is released!

Soldato
Wife had one of these as she is fed up with her iPhone.

Seems quite nice and she is getting along with it fine.

Only issue is that the screen never turns off.

Man of Honour
There's a setting for the clock, they showed it off at the release press confrence.

Edit -

Quick google Looks like
Settings- glance display.
Can turn it off totally, select certain times like night, or say turn off after 15mins.

Last edited:
Soldato
The clock always being on.

What screen is double tap setting in? I looked for ages trying to work out how to disable the clock but couldn't find it.

You can disable the 'double tap' option in the same option menu as Glaucus mentioned, just swipe to the 'touch' header.

With the 925 having an AMOLED screen the battery drain isn't that significant, the LCD screen suffers more apparently. Never noticed the feature draining my N9 though.

Soldato
Wife was just using the phone as normal, added a live tile to start screen and then this happened.

qFaZp1Gl.jpg

Three want us to take it to the shop and send it off for repair, despite the fact that she's had it for two days. I'll be kicking up a fuss tomorrow.

Associate
Was going to get one of these sim free but for around £530 they are dreaming. Bought the Samsung Ativ S instead for a little over £200.

Back
Top Bottom