CS:GO Discussion

Soldato
Also new M4 decision is based on feedback from NiP I believe, although the 40 secondary seems a bit harsh

Hmmm not sure tbh they say everything was based on feedback from NiP lol... I cannot see the M4 with silencer being used in competitive play.... Because 20/40 bullets cripples it compared to 30/90, although maybe that is so people cannot wallbang with a silencer.

Soldato
You can still play the game without paying any money. Even the things there are. It seems like there are just 2 guns (which are not heads and shoulders better) and a bunch of skins. Who doesn't like skins?

Now my question is, are the drops going to be JUST crates? Or like TF2, you can just get a skin drop?

Soldato
They should make the M4 with a silencer cost less than the standard M4 but also do less damage.

It could then be an interesting weapon to buy when working against the money system in clan games.

Last edited:
Soldato
They should make the M4 with a silencer cost less than the standard M4 but also do less damage.

It could then be an interesting weapon to buy when working against the money system in clan games.

The silencer is 2700, the normal one is 3200. Although it has 20 rounds per mag instead.

The guns are given to everyone, which is great. The update is fully cosmetic.

Associate
I quite like this update, getting used to it. But it comes across quite well. - Means it doesn't ruin the game, yet it adds more to the game.

Yeh i am loving the update also, but i have noticed i am crashing more... sadly and some ui bugs but overall its nice to have a update to the game.

p.s. that knife with the kill count on it looks awesome :D

Associate
They have made it so the M4 with silencer has 20/40 bullets.... Completely stupid...

No. It is awesome and counters the improved accuracy and recoil.

This update is the best yet. Game feels 10x smoother then the past however the silenced pistol and m4a1 look a bit rough.

And If you prefer 1.6 just stick to and live in the past with your cronies, I can't help but laugh at people who can't accept change.

The only thing I would moan about is if they had made it free to play but they have said it will never come to that in a FAQ question [thank god].

Last edited:
Soldato
No. It is awesome and counters the improved accuracy and recoil.

This update is the best yet. Game feels 10x smoother then the past however the silenced pistol and m4a1 look a bit rough.

And If you prefer 1.6 just stick to and live in the past with your cronies, I can't help but laugh at people who can't accept change.

Not that I don't like change... Its just I would MUCH rather see: extra maps, remove all fog, 128 tick servers than some skins and silencers.

Last edited:
Associate
Not that I don't like change... Its just I would MUCH rather see: extra maps, remove all fog, 128 tick servers than some crappy skins and silencers.

Same to be fair, but the game feels a lot smoother on valve servers but it might of been luck as the quality is up and down like a yoyo (even so 128 is better then 64). Agree with the fog and extra maps too.

I wish they hadn't released the game with the same maps from source and 1.6 because all I ever seem to play is Dust 2, annoying as hell.

Soldato
I like the maps and don't mind that there are not many because it takes a long time to get good on every map, but I would like to see the maps they use in competitions such as de_mill, mirage (the first one) and de_cache.

Remove fog, add those maps and use 128 tick better servers and I will be 100% happy, skins and silencers... meh I don't care tbh.

I agree that when you select dust_2 on the map selection as an option it is about 70% chance it will be dust_2 maybe 10% nuke, 10% inferno and 10% mirage lol, think I have played train less than 20 times out of about 400 matches lol.

Last edited:
Associate
I like the maps and don't mind that there are not many because it takes a long time to get good on every map, but I would like to see the maps they use in competitions such as de_mill, mirage (the first one) and de_cache.

Remove fog, add those maps and use 128 tick better servers and I will be 100% happy, skins and silencers... meh I don't care tbh.

I agree that when you select dust_2 on the map selection as an option it is about 70% chance it will be dust_2 maybe 10% nuke, 10% inferno and 10% mirage lol, think I have played train less than 20 times out of about 400 matches lol.

Yea its really bad, I don't know if anything can be done to counter it though :(

Soldato
Not sure how I feel about TF2's swag-system being shoehorned into CS:GO... In TF2 it sort of makes sense because the whole game is (read: has become) about showing off your goofy and cool items - there's still a decent game buried under all the hats but a lot of people don't seem to be in it for that as much these days...

By contrast I always thought of CS:GO as being focused on the game, nice and simple, a challenge of each others skill and only that, not a glorified digital e-peen fashion-show... I guess if it doesn't affect the gameplay and is just skins or whatever then it's not so bad, but time will tell

Associate
If you mean that you don't want to play dust 2?

You can just de-select it in the map options....

Nah I mean at the end of a match everyone votes de_dust2.

Not sure how I feel about TF2's swag-system being shoehorned into CS:GO... In TF2 it sort of makes sense because the whole game is (read: has become) about showing off your goofy and cool items - there's still a decent game buried under all the hats but a lot of people don't seem to be in it for that as much these days...

By contrast I always thought of CS:GO as being focused on the game, nice and simple, a challenge of each others skill and only that, not a glorified digital e-peen fashion-show... I guess if it doesn't affect the gameplay and is just skins or whatever then it's not so bad, but time will tell

There is no problem really, CSS allowed you to skin your weapons just this time round everyone can see them.

Back
Top Bottom