No news for a few weeks

Associate
Lol

I wondered if it was.

I forwarded port 8080 to my Linux server earlier yesterday and was wondering if that somehow broke it.

In some ways I'm kind of glad as it meant that my boxes both uploaded they're work units and stopped. I've had to shut them both down as leaving them on was just costing too much. As both machines will now be set to sleep most of the time, I've uninstalled the F@H client :(

Associate
My PPD hasn't quite got up to full speed I don't think.

I've got a 3770K at stock at the moment, which was doing most of the work obviously, and an old Q9450 @ 3.2GHz.

Soldato
My PPD hasn't quite got up to full speed I don't think.

I've got a 3770K at stock at the moment, which was doing most of the work obviously, and an old Q9450 @ 3.2GHz.

ah , keep the 3770 going then lol , its the other cpu sucking the power!

^^ or at least try it and if its still expensive, then stop it again.

even my 3570k with 7950 gpu doesn't use that much tbh, id be quite happy to go and buy another now if they didn't get so dam hot in my case!

Associate
I think it's partly because my electricity usage is so low to start with the increase seems huge to me, my monthly bill has doubled with the two machines running, from about £35 to probably around £70 I was heading for this month (peanuts compared to what some people are running I'm sure)

What's frustrating is that it's the Q9450 machine that I could do with leaving on all the time as it's a server. Thing is that system doesn't have integrated graphics which means It's temporarily got my 9800 GTX idling in it which I presume pushes the power usage up even at idle.

I'm considering getting a replacement micro-ATX board with integrated graphics to bring the power requirements down or possibly just a cheap PCI/PCIe graphics card depending on what would give the lowest power consumption. Presumably integrated?

Soldato
I think it's partly because my electricity usage is so low to start with the increase seems huge to me, my monthly bill has doubled with the two machines running, from about £35 to probably around £70 I was heading for this month (peanuts compared to what some people are running I'm sure)

What's frustrating is that it's the Q9450 machine that I could do with leaving on all the time as it's a server. Thing is that system doesn't have integrated graphics which means It's temporarily got my 9800 GTX idling in it which I presume pushes the power usage up even at idle.

I'm considering getting a replacement micro-ATX board with integrated graphics to bring the power requirements down or possibly just a cheap PCI/PCIe graphics card depending on what would give the lowest power consumption. Presumably integrated?

yep , im sure theres some small 30-35 watt cpus around with intergrated gpu?

it'll deffantly be the Q9450 and gpu doing the electricity, the 3770 running 12 hours a day or so should cost only a few quid a month extra as your pc is already running...

Soldato
Not much from me recently, mix of it being too warm to leave it on and gaming a lot.
I decided against a second 670, money i would rather spend elsewhere.

Soldato
Not much from me recently, mix of it being too warm to leave it on and gaming a lot.
I decided against a second 670, money i would rather spend elsewhere.

did you DSR it , I thought you already ordered it? :confused: lol it has been dam warm yes and as for gaming, I never play games but I have been playing 3 hours or so a day of far cry - blood dragon, the graphics from this gpu are amazing!!!! last game I played was Quake III back in the day!

that's why I need another gpu!!! so when I play a game I still have one hammering the points out! :D

Soldato
did you DSR it , I thought you already ordered it? :confused: lol it has been dam warm yes and as for gaming, I never play games but I have been playing 3 hours or so a day of far cry - blood dragon, the graphics from this gpu are amazing!!!! last game I played was Quake III back in the day!

that's why I need another gpu!!! so when I play a game I still have one hammering the points out! :D

I did have the MSI one ordered but cancelled that as there isnt an EK waterblock for it.
Was going to get the KFA2 one but decided against it as the single 670 is still plenty for all games at 1080p.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
pfft. Unceremoniously stomped into the 11th cell by Stan's big boots without even a parp. You'd think people would with to rub other's noses in it, but nope standards seem to have dropped :(

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
pfft. Unceremoniously stomped into the 11th cell by Stan's big boots without even a parp. You'd think people would with to rub other's noses in it, but nope standards seem to have dropped :(

Sorry about that. I noticed earlier and intended issuing a parp/stomp but I've been busy catching up with all the housework I was too lazy to do over the weekend.

For what it's worth - belated PARP and STOMP to MGP :p:p

I'm just about ready to start on revisions and upgrades to the farm so my output will be a bit erratic for a bit - hopefully starting tomorrow. I've got my X5650s for the SR-2 so that'll be first. After that, I'll be fitting waterblocks to most of the GPUs and turning the current gaming rig into a dedicated Folding rig. After that will be the building of a new gaming/Folding rig.

I'll still have the same number of GPUs but most of them will be watercooled so I'll hopefully be able to push them a little more - it'll certainly cut down on the racket :p I'll also be trying bigadv on the SR-2. The CPUs will be watercooled so I'll hopefully be able to get enough of an overclock on them that it'll cope with the deadlines.

Soldato
Bah humbug:( got woke up at 2am by a howling water pump, my GPU loop sprung a leak and dropped coolant till the pump was sucking air! Didn't bother to find out how hot every thing got but im off line on folding till I get more pipe today. I'd just got to 100k ppd too :(
I don't even know if I have broken anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom