No news for a few weeks

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I could parp/stomp you for him on his behalf if that would make you feel better? :p
No thanks. I'm not really a masochist :eek:

Sorry about that. I noticed earlier and intended issuing a parp/stomp but I've been busy catching up with all the housework I was too lazy to do over the weekend.

For what it's worth - belated PARP and STOMP to MGP :p:p

I'll forgive you just this once - which is just as well as there really shouldn't be a second time :cool:

Associate
I've just found out that I've been seconded to a Naval Base up in Scotland for September - so my rigs will be switched to 'not on' for the duration.....

Looks like Baba has a bit of breathing room :D

Associate
Having a big shake up, the rack in the garage is getting scaled back so all rigs 'not on' at the moment even the media server is off:(

The media server is however getting moved over to freenas and having 15TB added to the storage.

The intel rig is goin into an elysium to get it out of the rack and the 2p boinc rig was put into a stacker 810 yesterday(having trouble with ubuntu opencl on the GTX480's:mad:).

The 4p that was in the stacker is now in a 2u server case ready for sale:(

All in all I think you might stomp me before its done:rolleyes:

Soldato
im guessing we will see a ppd cut of half or less soon then :o

if I could find an interest free cc id love one one baba 4ps :D , more chance of a lottery win.( finance ba? ) lol:D

we needz more people to foldz for us! :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Got the X5650s installed this morning. Spent a while overclocking and soon got them running stable at 4GHz :cool: Ran an A4 Wu to test on Windows and all went well so installed Ubuntu and set her up for Bigadv. Got thrown in at the deep end with a P8103. All good so far. Running sweetly with 8% done and HFM estimating well within deadline and PPD of 160,000 :cool:

Hopefully everything will stay good and I can get some good work done on it. Been plagued by core 15 WUs on the GPUs the past couple of days which has decimated my PPD. Only just noticed I was still running the Advanced flag but not the Beta flag. Switched Beta back on in the hope there are some better WUs out there.

Soldato
seems a few people have had core15 wu's as rickys said hes 2 gtx670s have been low on points & my 7950 also hit 30k ppd from the 75-80k it should be.

can them X5650 cpus be put into a 4p server board or are they a 2 cpu board only cpu.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Still going strong. Now at 28% with TPF of 22:37 and estimated PPD of 161,000. Got P7811s on the GPUs now so total PPD at over 600k according to HFM - that's with 3 670s not currently running. Need to get cracking with the other rigs.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Schoolboy error.

Completed my first Bigadv WU this morning and was looking forward to a 250,000 points boost but it didn't happen. I thought I'd better check everything out and, on checking the client.cfg file, I had typed one of the numbers in my passkey correctly (a 0 instead of a 9) :o

All sorted now but I've lost the points for that Wu. Still, at least it got completed so the science won't have suffered.

What a numpty.

Second Bigadv WU 22% done - a P8101 this time. Similar PPD as the 8103 and this time I'll get the points (hopefully :p).

Soldato
2 , but a lad in work has a high end amd 6xxx series he'll sell me for VERY cheap :p I want another 7950 to match this one aswell

I like the idea of 2 x 7950 and 2 x gtx560ti :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom