• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sleeping Dogs Bench Thread

Associate
Try running your score again mate with your memory clocked at 1600. Your score looks to be a tiny bit lower than it should. Could be error correction kicking in.

@Kaap. Thank you. :cool:

Ta, did that Lt and no significant difference really ... just added a 7990 and now get this - great scaling :p

i7 920 @ 4.2, GPUs @ 1150/1575 (7990 on pciex 2 16x & 7970 on 8x)

xgo1.jpg

Soldato

4.5ghz i5 3570k
670 using 326.80 drivers beta.
1162 on core and 1752 on vram.

How i dont get more than 1fps more than before i have no damn idea and its very frustrating. I should be beating speeds score by now. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. I even went in nvidia panel and set to max perforamance and quality set to high performance in hopes of the fps budging. Its like vsyncs on but its really not i even disabled it in nvidia panel to force off. Still no better than 43.5 ish fps on average on this and never more than 60fps max.

Help me get this to 50 average like speeds score please. I cant think of anything left to overclock or optimize i have a cpu at 4.5 which beats a 2500k at 4.5ghz i have the best drivers i think for speed i have the same gpu clocked the same as him. Argh. Frustration..

Could it just be down to drivers? He uses 320.49 whql ones i believe and im using i thought the fastest and generally well thought of 326.80 betas which ppl rave about. If its down to drivers then man thats 6.5fps more on average with them is quite good boost just for drivers i think. Tho i would have thought anything in his drivers would be in mine at least that is optimizes considering mines newer?

This is 1200 core 1750 vram:

This is stock on the gfx card. No oc applied just normal boost of 1149 and normal vram of 1502.

Cant tell me the oc of 1200/1750 only gave me that shown above compared to speeds score? Anyhow if it is just driver difference then grr.... I still reckon somit is limiting me tho but i have no clue where that would be.

Last edited:
Soldato
How do i tell if that is happening and u mean the vram yes? If so how do i fix this.

If you meant my system ram, it is using xmp so sorts itself out.

I do notice tho at the staircase scene gpuz shows pwr reason in the perfacp reason section. Its worse in this scene but happens breifly in previous scenes but very quickly goes away.

I tried adjusting the voltage in precision x but dont think it did squat from 9xx to 1000 and 1025, didnt do anything i.e get it more than 1.17500 vddc. :/

Tried running the bench with 1200 core and stock ram 1502 and vice versa, about the same tbh.

Last edited:
Soldato
Another stock result, almost exact same. Weird eh. Can anyone tell me if they get a almost constant Perfcap reason in gpuz when doing the bench with the VRel and VOp showing i.e orange op top and blue on bottom of the bar and the pwr green bar at the staircase scene like me?

Btw sry for all the results pages of mine clogging this topic up. Wont do anymore now. ;) Just really wana find out why i cant get past 60fps max and 43ish average fps.

Edit - got rid of the green bar pwr by downclocking my card so the boost is no more than 901 and rams the same 1502 thing. Suppose thats somit but max fps was 50, average was about 35 and min was what 22 or somit? Thought removing the green pwr issue might have actually helped fps in some way i duno maybe the staircase scene might have been smoother due to no pwr issues and therefor auto declocking when that happened. :/

Hmm best reset my clocks in presicion before i forget :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Another stock result, almost exact same. Weird eh. Can anyone tell me if they get a almost constant Perfcap reason in gpuz when doing the bench with the VRel and VOp showing i.e orange op top and blue on bottom of the bar and the pwr green bar at the staircase scene like me?

Btw sry for all the results pages of mine clogging this topic up. Wont do anymore now. ;) Just really wana find out why i cant get past 60fps max and 43ish average fps.

Edit - got rid of the green bar pwr by downclocking my card so the boost is no more than 901 and rams the same 1502 thing. Suppose thats somit but max fps was 50, average was about 35 and min was what 22 or somit? Thought removing the green pwr issue might have actually helped fps in some way i duno maybe the staircase scene might have been smoother due to no pwr issues and therefor auto declocking when that happened. :/

Hmm best reset my clocks in presicion before i forget :D

I have updated the scoreboard with your best score.:)

Something you could try to show what is going on is

Use GPUZ, run your card @stock clocks and monitor what the clocks are boosting to. Then do the same with the card overclocked to see what the boost clocks are. Then compare the two and see what increase you are getting.

Soldato
I only ever see boost clocks when testing i dont look at the main page on gpuz just sensors as that shows whats going on in real time.

Thanks for the scoreboard update. ;)

As i always said my stock clocks are 1149 boost as thats what its always at when gaming, a non boost clock i duno whatever gpuz said in main scree i guess 915 but never see that in gpuz even when idle. When you oc i do the test to render in gpuz while changing stuff in precision x and thats what i report as my oc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Getting better there Skeeter.

Strange that you're still behind me though (not gloating, just suprised)

Dunno what the hell you did to get 50 as a average but i bet it involved the devil and a vibrator. :p

Theres somit you have configured thats let you get there thats all i can think of cos now ive passed in overclock so much i defo should have left u way behind on that last bench but no... Buggar to hell. :D

Ill be bugging you on steam to see if we can figure this out later tonight if ur on. ;)

Cheers Kap. :) Tho im on 320.49 drivers incase u wana edit that bit.

Last edited:
Soldato

db4.png

1293/1701

I think im power limited, as on gpuz the perfcap reason showes a lot of green on the bar during the test, even tried using afterburner 2.2.3 to see if upping volts helped but i have no idea if they worked as vddc still was about 1.175... But used in ab 60 on the core, about 30 on mem and 10/30 on aux tho cant remember which on aux but one of them i think. I think even tho ab 2.2.3 allowed overvolting i think since these 670 pe cards are just bought they might have a "fixed" bios on them not allowing overvolting like when they first came out. :/

So i duno how to really benefit from 1300 core and 1700 mem when im power limited which i think is why my scores are low even tho in gpuz when testing they look like 1300.1700 but i dont think there performing as they should be at 1300/1700. to me anyhow.

Speed if u ever do a run again of this can u show me ur gpuz just as it ended and make sure continue refreshing this screen is ticked so i can see how its been during the bench, cheers.

Back
Top Bottom