*** iPhone 5S/5C - September 10th ***

Soldato
No worries, I think I've pimped MR enough in this thread lol.

Wise man, I think I may try to do the same. Although we have our 2 month old son, so I'm probably going to be up then anyway!

It's definitely one of the best Mac news feeds - I've actually subscribed to them but I haven't checked my RSS reader today so that's how I've missed it :p

The little dude just wants to make sure Pop gets his iPhone order in :p

Associate
If there is no 4G in my area and no plans to get coverage is there any point in me going for a 4G contract with Vodafone?

I am looking at going with the 16GB 5S on the £42 a month 24m contract...

Associate
Looks like anybody on O2 wanting a 5s tomorrow is going to be disappointed.

O2 just tweeted this.

Nearly #O2iPhone Friday! Get 5c instore & order 5s online & on phone. No 5s in stores but they'll order for you and say when it's in.

Soldato
I think it's just based on the past iPhone releases :)

As I said further above though, the 4S pre-orders launched just after 9am, which contradicts that. So nothing is exactly standard.

Apple Retail Stores are opening at 8am.

Sorry if this has already been posted but there seems to have been some confusion here. Either way, my recommendation would be to order online and simply wait it out.

That wasn't made particularly clear from Apple's website, because if you search for the store it doesn't give you any information about earlier opening hours for the individual stores. It's been years since I've been to the Trafford Centre and there wasn't an Apple store when I last went, so I don't know where its located, but I'd imagine they must have to have security and a line that starts outside and brings people in.

How can there be a shortage? I'm guessing supplies are coming in late or they're really focusing much more on the 5c to sell more, so my guess was right?

Rumours I read yesterday suggest that the 5S is looking to likely be in short supply with carriers in particular having low stock, its believed its mostly down to production of the finger print sensor system.

The 5C also hasn't had initial pre-orders as well as hoped for.

Soldato
Rumours I read yesterday suggest that the 5S is looking to likely be in short supply with carriers in particular having low stock, its believed its mostly down to production of the finger print sensor system.

The 5C also hasn't had initial pre-orders as well as hoped for.

I see, I might just hold out for a while then I guess. The tariffs seem very expensive. I'm thinking of buying it outright and doing a sim only which may end up costing a lot less then the tariffs.

Associate
I am thinking about buying a 64Gb 5S direct from Apple and then using Three's £15pm ONE plan with:

5000 texts
2000 minutes
all you can eat data

Anyone had any experience with three? Any comments?

Main reasons are:

- Prefer buying unlocked device,
- Three allow tethering,
- Price includes 4G data when the network is launched. 3G is perfect for time being.

Soldato
OP
Why didn't they just call the launch date the pre-order date and be done with it. Sounds like no mobile networks will have stock for the release, Apple themselves don't seem to have any stock either lol.

Sounds like a very graceful way of saying "we didn't make the cut before the keynote, but if we string it out then you might not notice".

Associate
I am thinking about buying a 64Gb 5S direct from Apple and then using Three's £15pm ONE plan with:

5000 texts
2000 minutes
all you can eat data

Anyone had any experience with three? Any comments?

Main reasons are:

- Prefer buying unlocked device,
- Three allow tethering,
- Price includes 4G data when the network is launched. 3G is perfect for time being.

best decison

Soldato
Just checked the Australian Apple Store and the 5S is shipping in 7-10 business days :o

When did the store go live though?
As perhaps people who got their order in early when the store came back up may be getting one a lot sooner than that. With launches here in the UK if you don't get one through quickly it usually comes up with a longer wait until dispatch.

Also depends on how much stock they allocate to the different markets as well ultimately.

Why didn't they just call the launch date the pre-order date and be done with it. Sounds like no mobile networks will have stock for the release, Apple themselves don't seem to have any stock either lol.

Sounds like a very graceful way of saying "we didn't make the cut before the keynote, but if we string it out then you might not notice".

You can get one though, you just have to get in a queue at an Apple store, then any subsequent queue for the next couple of weeks while drips and drabs of stock come in. It obviously increases the hype and news stories as well while its heavily in demand, so while not great, it also makes it quite desirable

Back
Top Bottom