Poll: Should Christ b removed from Christmas?

Should kedge be removed from ocuk

• Yes

Votes: 208 74.0%
  • No - which means yes

Votes: 73 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
This isn't based on much more than unreliable websites, but I was under the impression that there are numerous similarities between christianity and pagan religions. A quick google certainly shows lots of Christan websites trying to argue why this is not the case, which implies to me that there has to be some truth to it or they wouldn't waste the time.

Soldato
This isn't based on much more than unreliable websites, but I was under the impression that there are numerous similarities between christianity and pagan religions. A quick google certainly shows lots of Christan websites trying to argue why this is not the case, which implies to me that there has to be some truth to it or they wouldn't waste the time.

There are extreme similarities between Christ and about 15 other saviors and deity's that all pre-date the story of Christ.

Of course you wont find mention of these in any church or christian teachings.

Soldato
I think we shouldn't remove Christ, we should remove the oppressive way we do Christmas - the fact that it's rammed down our throats from November, the subliminal message of "spend spend spend", the rage inducing Christmas music everywhere. It's not religious anymore, it's all about consumerism and labelled Christmas. [/rant]

Soldato
Threads like these always make me glad there is a GD.

Where the hell do these people come from?

Bravo anyway OP. Because of you, now there are 2 people who know the truth, that's a 100% increase from yesterday!

I shall spread the word immediately!

Man of Honour
I think we shouldn't remove Christ, we should remove the oppressive way we do Christmas - the fact that it's rammed down our throats from November, the subliminal message of "spend spend spend", the rage inducing Christmas music everywhere. It's not religious anymore, it's all about consumerism and labelled Christmas. [/rant]

It amused me to find Romans making the same complaints about Saturnalia ~2000 years ago. Apart from the music, anyway.

Soldato
I can't think of anything I care less about.

If some weirdo christian fundies want to believe the earth is flat who am I to stop them.

How about No mas, like breaking bad.

Back
Top Bottom