Poll: Neknomination - retarded, or just a bit of fun?

Nenomination - retarded?

• Retarded

Votes: 302 47.6%
  • Retarded

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Retarded

Votes: 47 7.4%
  • Retarded

Votes: 81 12.8%
  • Retarded

Votes: 66 10.4%
  • Retarded

Votes: 99 15.6%

• Total voters
Capodecina
Soldato
I don't see the problem. It's a bit of fun. If you don't want to get involved then don't get involved.

I agree the people downing a bottle of vodka and kerosene are muppets but there's really no harm in seeing off a pint.

The problem is that people probably will die through this.

There was that guy who drank a bottle of vodka, smoked a bong, did a line of coke and then some other substance I hadn't heard of [couple of acid tabs or something]. Not everyone's system is going to be able to cope with that all at the same time. It will just be stupid oneupmanship to the point of suicide.

Though it does create more nominees for the Darwin Awards.

Soldato
Yeah I agree that is utterly retarded but most of the ones on my Facebook people are doing no more than a pint which is completely harmless.

I guess you'll always get a select few morons trying to take it to the next level.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its not dissimilar from the usual antics of peer pressured drunken youngens.

Only if something goes wrong, you don't have a crowd of people to help you out, just a blurry laptop screen.

and its all on video, and spread online

So, yeah, its retarded.

Associate
Its a peeing contest for those with nothing better to do. Like most things it escalates from harmless fun till someone gets hurt.

Permabanned
Where does poison come into this? A quick skim of the Guardian site mentions just alcohol?

Well there are idiots who feel the need to take a fairly harmless game and make it potentially lethal. In principle it's no different to planking on park benches, but then some berks had to go and do it on building roofs and get themselves killed.

Soldato
All very retarded and not worth dying for:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/03/neknomination-facebook-binge-drinking-death-ireland :(

It's a drinking game for the immature and irresponsible.

/thread

To an extent. A friend of mine posted on Facebook that if you play Monopoly in a lion's den with meat strapped to you and die as a result, it's not exactly Monopoly's fault. Neknomination started as a way to interact with friends over social media and have a bit of fun, and has become massively out of hand. If certain idiots drink bleach, it's not exactly the fault of the "game".

What I really dislike about it is that it exemplifies the drinking "lad" culture in this (and similar) countries. I despise it.

Soldato
I'm not talking about these two, but say person A creates a video, person B then does it to outdo that person, they die, arrest person A.

They'll soon get the message.

Person A films himself downing a pint of lager. Person B downs a pint of lager containing a shot of bleach. Why on earth is that Person A's fault?

Caporegime
So you just let it happen and stand by and do nothing? Yes it's very extreme what I said, but what would you do to deter these idiots?

I get the fact they are idiots but to say they deserve it is a cold thing to say.

Back
Top Bottom