Star Wars: Attack Squadrons

Soldato
Am I the only one who thought that trailer looked and sounded like it was done by some teenager in their mothers basement with very basic CG software?

Everything about this sounds awful to me. I expected more from the first Star Wars game announced since Disney bought it.

Soldato
Have to admit 16 player does sem poor

Surely with modern games we should be expecting a persistent world with at least a few hundred players per server

Christ the minimum compliment for a common or garden Imp star destroyer is 6 squadrons 72 ships I'd imagine this games going to have all sorts of horrible balancing as well and ruining what could be a fantastic game

Imagine choosing the route of a speedier and more manoeuvrable tie fighter but with no shields over the slightly more clumsy but safer x wing

Things that would make me happy

Mmo at least a few hundred players
More options for sides other than Imp or rebel how about some pirate faction or the corporations like kdy or sorrosub
Be able to form your pwn wings or squadrons gain immortality in game by becoming a legendary wing of squadron like rogue or the 181st
Customisation I want custom fighters and uglies and everything else the universe has to offer

I get the impression that this is going to dissapointed so much
It has so much potential though

Last edited:
Soldato
Kainz stop whinging and pew pew! Get pak and a few others and we can have a laugh.. pretend it's freelancer (which I still have the CD for..)
It's got PvP as one of its main focus points and it's by Disney! They only want your hard earned money so eventually you'll have in-game buyables as well as having to put up with constant balancing issues! Meh I say! :D

Someone needs to do Freelancer again with more than 16 players this time. God I miss the massive multi-planetary battles on the Jolt server back in the day.

Associate
But SWTOR Galactic Starfighter ain't F2P.

You first have to get the expansion, don't you?

Then your faced with restrictions, if your not a subscriber?

It will be in in Feb.

Expansion will be free.

Not sure about the restrictions. I don't think there will be any as you can start playing GS from level 1.

But to get back on topic this will be very similar to WOT or World of Warplanes.

Soldato
Just watched the trailer for this on the tube, I gotta say, it didnt exactly blow me away, let alone spark much desire to play it. The trailer is pretty damn poor by todays standards.

Caporegime
I can only assume that any more than 16 players would mean getting ganked or shot to pieces. Imagine a scene where 32v32 and within a minute there are 32 Imperials as they've managed to kill half the Rebels. Suddenly it's 32v16 and, of course it will only get worse and could mean instant death by 8 TIE fighters as soon as you spawn.

Back
Top Bottom