• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official THIEF-Incorporating AMD™ Mantle™/True Audio™/Bench mark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Don't ask me lol, I just see the image on [H] and I couldn't be bothered reading :D

Edit:

In fairness, looking at the results in this thread, I doubt they bothered to use the bench and just played the game, which has insane fps compared to the bench.

I would imagine those 780Ti frames are about right though, going from my in game frames.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't ask me lol, I just see the image on [H] and I couldn't be bothered reading :D

Edit:

In fairness, looking at the results in this thread, I doubt they bothered to use the bench and just played the game, which has insane fps compared to the bench.

I would imagine those 780Ti frames are about right though, going from my in game frames.

HardOCP aren't using the highest in game settings if that is their numbers. SSAA can be enabled at low or high and will drop FPS dramatically. With SSAA high I am getting average FPS in mid 40s at the same resolution.

Last edited:
Caporegime
HardOCP aren't using the highest in game settings if that is their numbers. SSAA can be enabled at low or high and will drop FPS dramatically. With SSAA high I am getting average FPS in mid 40s at the same resolution.

The thing is, the frames in the game are much higher than the benchtest.

Pair of Titans got me 112.2 but in game, I am always seeing well over 200fps with full details.

f13bf88b6da6a8079ec28cc2c60a725c.jpg

475f6f1529bdef81cb2b269e3ea9c9b2.jpg

7f86110b3725b71fca3439a883cae17b.jpg

Edit:

Just had another look at that [H] review and clearly the slides lie, as it isn't the highest in game settings.

7c1a8180920bf0fbbb645c5d50cbf9ef.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
Wanna see interesting ??

New so called THIEF specified beta drivers :
1978399_835225499826639_603006770_o.jpg

OLD 12.13 WHQL
1966122_835225506493305_1303095738_o.jpg

Settings VERY HIGH only 2 run. I noticed that second run gives more minimum fps but i reverted to 12.13 drivers so could not compare without another 5 minutes of watching reboots :p

GG AMD for making game specific drivers that are slower than 3 months old drivers LOLOLOL

ps. I do know its cause of card throttling due to lack of 50% power limit in those crap drivers

Sorry about big snaps. I would need 2 pay for imageshack now oO WTF i been using it for free last 10 years or so :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Use IMGUR/Photobucket/Image Avenue/TinyPIC Zed.

Also i noticed the 50% power tune not working properly in 14.2 beta. Luckily i run at stock or with a small overclock. :p

Report that issue via my sig for 14.2.

Soldato
Use IMGUR/Photobucket/Image Avenue/TinyPIC Zed.

Also i noticed the 50% power tune not working properly in 14.2 beta. Luckily i run at stock or with a small overclock. :p

Report that issue via my sig for 14.2.

I have submitted the powertune bug, I hope you have as well :)

Soldato
Think I'll be going back to 13.12 due to these throttling issues too, reported it twice now for 14.1 and 14.2.

Really need this fixed asap and not in a month's time.

Last edited:
Soldato
So is crossfire working for anyone? I find it pretty ridiculous that an AMD gaming evolved title has little to negative crossfire scaling yet SLI seems to be working ok (not perfect but better).

So much for 'optimised for crossfire' :( It's starting to feel like Mantle has become a distraction for the fundamental things the driver team should be working on.

Caporegime
So is crossfire working for anyone? I find it pretty ridiculous that an AMD gaming evolved title has little to negative crossfire scaling yet SLI seems to be working ok (not perfect but better).

So much for 'optimised for crossfire' :( It's starting to feel like Mantle has become a distraction for the fundamental things the driver team should be working on.

+1.

I'm pretty surprised at this tbh. AMD have been on the ball on this front for a long time now with all the big releases. (bar some gameworks titles - which is not surprising) But its surprising to see there is no crossfire profile for Thief. They must be snowed under with Mantle issues atm.

Did you not work out OneDrive then Matt? :p

Yeah i got it sorted now. Like a boss. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom