South Park - The stick of truth

Caporegime
Steam do not set the prices.

£40 on steam!!! wtf is this madness.

:confused::o.

15 hours x 4 classes you can play as x higher difficulty runs + dlc = many hours :)

15 hours seems a tad short from my experience so far, 70mins in and still on cartmans first quest, haven't touched the side quests yet though I can't let al gore down :D

So 15 hours of entertainment, I listened to Video Gamer UK's podcast (which is fantastic) and they said the game is about 12 hours long, but if we take it as 13.

Paying £40 for 13 hours of game play is about what? £3 odd an hour? Add in as mentioned in the second quote, that you can replay it as 3 addition classes and extra things on top of that.

£40 for (13 x 4 = 52) then if we add the extra's as being another 7 hours, it takes the game to 60 hours of entertainment (definitely more) for £40 works out at what? Something like £0.60 an hour?

Why do people baulk at paying what appears to be really good value for money per hour of entertainment?

I am tempted to pick it up, but it will probably have to wait until a few things fall in to place; pay day, free time, no Uni assignments :p.

Associate
Any patch notes?

Fixed an issue where a buddy swap during an autosave could result in an infinite loading issue with affected save files.
Fixed potential infinite loading issues during transitions if a buddy swap has not previously occurred.
Fixed an issue where the camera could potentially lock to a zoomed view in cutscenes.
Fixed an animation popping issue on Cartman if the player selects the Jew Class.
Fixed an edge case issue where the player may not gain the "Unfriend Al Gore" quest when being spammed by Al Gore Facebook messages.
Some minor performance improvements in Canada.

Soldato
Give me an hour and I'll dig out the place I got it from for £23.

Edit: never mind it was gamekeys4all, they no longer have stock and the price has gone up to £28.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone using an AMD card managed to get vSync to force on with this game? I can get the locked 30 fps to turn off in the user.ini but the FPS goes mental and it breaks stuff in-game. Just seems to be very jittery at 30 fps, can tell a big difference in smoothness at 900 fps, but it's unplayable.

Associate
Really looking forward to playing this now! Hopefully my retail copy will arrive Friday, worst case scenario Saturday.

Associate
do not like it at all makes me feel sick from that playing angle :/ think it will be better on a tv from a distance :/

ive got a sammy 120hz, and i agree, ive had to move back to my bed to get some of the tearing issues to subside, no nvidia preference for v-sync fixes it at all for me as well.

Associate
Not a massive South Park fan but still enjoying this, its a pretty solid RPG-lite :)

You can't argue with the love that has been put into this game though, this is how tie in games should be done.

Back
Top Bottom