South Park - The stick of truth

Soldato
but that 16p/h will become less as I'll keep playing bf4 ;)

yes I do buy SP games, just rarely... needs to be something special to make me part with my cash for the potential of just one or two evenings play. :p MGS games for example, love the pants off those! loved playing farcry3 also!

More just with games in general, I'm a lot less willing to part with my cash as so many games just seem over hyped and priced :\ again, paying bf4 premium ontop of the game...now yes I know it's for the DLC and shizzle.... but the core game still has issues and didn't they say they were going to stop work on DLC until the game was fixed... already on the 2nd DLC and 3rd around the corner xD

but to be fair I probably will buy southpark if I can find it a bit closer to the £20 mark as from the hour or so watching a stream I was laughing my **** off xD

Soldato
At first I thought this game would just be a novelty, the gameplay looked pretty shoddy to me.
However after watching a stream of it the other day to see what it was like, I promptly went and purchased it. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a game than I did while watching that 30mins of stream.

I've heard reports of it only being around 15hours long, but a 15hour episode of South Park? Sign me up!
Gonna wait until it unlocks on Steam though as I've still got a few games to keep me going until then :)

15 hours x 4 classes you can play as x higher difficulty runs + dlc = many hours :)

15 hours seems a tad short from my experience so far, 70mins in and still on cartmans first quest, haven't touched the side quests yet though I can't let al gore down :D

Soldato
Anyone else having a few problems? Such as loading screens freezing and taking a few minutes each, cracking sound and sometimes bugging out like not showing any options when choosing hair for your character?

Soldato
4 classes? how so? seen you have a party of a few characters, so is that what is meant? you can have 4 different characters in your party so you could play using a different one as you main each time? or are there 4 different stories (maybe not completely different but some content class specific like SWTOR? )

also lol westie :p

Soldato
Anyone else having a few problems? Such as loading screens freezing and taking a few minutes each, cracking sound and sometimes bugging out like not showing any options when choosing hair for your character?

Only bug I have had so far is the first fight against an elf in Cartmans back garden. The game stopped doing anything when I blocked their first attack, had to reload a checkpoint and it worked 2nd time.

Soldato
ahhh okies, are those to choose from for your character "new kid" so same story but with each play you could just choose a different class to see the abilities? (i think I understand now? ) but that's all it changes... just your main guys stats/attacks?

and lol the Jew, that's what towelie is playing as, seems pretty beast to be fair, the bleed attack was destroying people in battles!

Soldato
then I blame the console gamers for paying top dollar for their games driving the prices in the PC world up :(

Price increases were always going to happen, as games get more complex development time increases as do wage bills.

PC will never be as expensive though. Also, the reason for console games being more expensive than PC games (usually £10 more once a generation stabilizes) is due to Microsoft and Sony charging studios for the licence to develop for their consoles, which they must charge more for at the beginning of a generation. The extra cost of the games on consoles over PC is licence, any extra cost besides that, e.g Watchdogs being £50 instead of £30 iirc on PC, is due to how much it's costing the studio to actually create it.

The extra money console gamers pay just about covers the licence fee to MS/Sony, so when a game like South Park comes out and charges 39.99 in all 3 platforms, the PC gamers are being ripped off, because Ubisoft don't have to pay a penny to sell their game on PC.

Associate
Been playing this all day. Its BRILLIANT! It is literally like taking part in a long south park special, everything is handcrafted and designed so brilliantly. If you love south park you will enjoy this a lot. Even those who arent fans might enjoy it, the combat is really really good - best turn based combat system I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom