US: Fargo

Caporegime
Yes/No?

My fears (naturally unfounded as yet because the first episode airs tomorrow) are that they are screwing with one of the greatest films ever made, and it will only tarnish it's excellent name.

I'll watch it when it's available, and hope..

Caporegime
The other reason your fears are unfounded are that it makes no sense that a crap TV series can somehow tarnish an excellent film, just because they have the same name.

If it's bad then I won't cry for the film, since the film is still good.

One

One

Soldato
It's simply set in the same universe. It should hopefully be good.

It's got Billy Bob Thornton in it, he's been in some ****ing incredible things on my screen, I doubt he would waste his time on this if there wasn't a decent script in place with the right people on the project.

Edit: Ahh, just seen it aired last night, I'll find out if it is good or not very shortly :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to say as first episodes go it was pretty damn good.
Thought it was so funny when the elder kid was beating up his brother, the cop ran out and tackled him and his mum just laughed!
Seems like the show has the same kind of tone as the film, awesome! :D

Associate
Great first episode, one of the best premieres I've seen. If it keeps up this standard for the whole thing this will be an amazing show!

Associate
Watched the film a couple of times years ago and remember it being really good. Might have to give this a watch. I can't help but think it's going to be strange since it's an odd adaption of the film.

Back
Top Bottom