** SHIELD TABLETS NOW AVAILABLE & BUNDLES FROM OcUK!! **

Soldato
I'm kind of dissapointed they moved away from the hand held design that they had with the first shield.

Who is going to be on a bus, train or car and want to play games with a controller whilst trying to balance the tablet on their lap?

This kind of limits you to playing the kind of crap android games that you would be playing on your phone anyway and making the power of the k1 chip completely redundant.

I think I will just stick to my 3DS and Vita for portable gaming kicks for now.

I agree with this. Even if you're lying on your bed it will be hard to balance the tablet. As an owner of the first Shield, I wont be buying this.

Soldato
Seems a good tablet for £240. If the speakers are decent I'll probably grab one. I've no interest in streaming from my PC but would love a Nexus 8 with a decent set of speakers.

Associate
So, in theory you could leave your PC at home, take this to a LAN, and then play games on your PC by streaming it to the SHIELD, is that right? Is it any game or only certain titles?

Also, is there any keyboard / mouse compatibility? I realise it's meant to be a portable system, but this could make space restricted LAN parties, or the inability to move your PC much more manageable.

Soldato
So, in theory you could leave your PC at home, take this to a LAN, and then play games on your PC by streaming it to the SHIELD, is that right? Is it any game or only certain titles?

Also, is there any keyboard / mouse compatibility? I realise it's meant to be a portable system, but this could make space restricted LAN parties, or the inability to move your PC much more manageable.

Yeah that's the idea, AFAIK it's your Steam library but will find out more details as this aspect also really interests me. I've played Batman when we had a demo, was smooth and impressive...

Soldato
if a game has a GeForce Experience profile then Gamestream will be supported, All the lastest major games that have come out has had a profile. These are the games which can be streamed from your PC to the Tablet.

Associate
Yeah that's the idea, AFAIK it's your Steam library but will find out more details as this aspect also really interests me. I've played Batman when we had a demo, was smooth and impressive...

if a game has a GeForce Experience profile then Gamestream will be supported, All the latest major games that have come out has had a profile. These are the games which can be streamed from your PC to the Tablet.

Good to know. I figured it wouldn't just be Steam library as they advertise Titanfall which is on Origin. Definitely makes this more intriguing for me. Would you be able to ask about the keyboard / mouse support?

Back
Top Bottom