*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
Brought about by interest shown in the Mayweather thread for a more general boxing thread

As stated there are a few interesting fights taking place before the mayweather showdown

Two quite exciting fights coming up this month (next week) :
  • Tyson Fury V Dereck Chisora
  • Gennady Golovkin V Daniel Geale

The tyson fight should be hilarious, i expect more random outburst of crap to happen and tables thrown to add to the drama

GGG is probably one of the most exciting current boxers. I think i read that his last 16 fights (all of which he has won) have not gone the distance. 29 wins so far in his professional career 26 by KO has earned him the title 'God of War'. From what i remember of Daniel Geale he can take a lot of punishment however i expect GGG to get another stoppage.

If you havent already and like boxing build up it is worth subscribing to HBO and Showsports - Both put out decent episodes before the big fights they host

Showsports
HBOsports

Soldato
Another fight I'm really looking forward to -

Kell Brook vs Shawn Porter
Aug 16th

It's the first big test for Kell Brook, finally, and I hope he can pull it off but Porter looks like a mini Mike Tyson to me. I saw his fight vs Malignaggi and he was ruthless!

Soldato
just got into boxing been training for about 6 weeks now, already notice massive improvements in my fitness and general well being.

now to watch some fights, never been into sports but boxing has really grabbed me!

Noob question - how do you watch boxing do you have to have sky?

Associate
OP
just got into boxing been training for about 6 weeks now, already notice massive improvements in my fitness and general well being.

now to watch some fights, never been into sports but boxing has really grabbed me!

Noob question - how do you watch boxing do you have to have sky?

With the internet anything is possible ;)

However the natural route is a sky subscription and a box nation subscription - they cover most of the big fights through the year.

Lots of the older fights are also on YouTube if you are keen and wish to watch .

Soldato
With the internet anything is possible ;)

However the natural route is a sky subscription and a box nation subscription - they cover most of the big fights through the year.

Lots of the older fights are also on YouTube if you are keen and wish to watch .

will check youtube tonight, any fights that you would recommend?

don't know the big names in the sport yet

Associate
will check youtube tonight, any fights that you would recommend?

don't know the big names in the sport yet

Watch some of the fights in the Marvin Hagler, Roberto Duran, Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard era, in my opinion some of the greatest matches ever seen.

If youre after some more current fights try these, they are just some of my personal favourites, theres hundreds more...

Marquez Vs Vasquez (3 fights)

Barrera Vs Morales (3 Fights)

Coralles Vs Castillo (fight 1)

Cotto Vs Torres

Pacquiao Vs Marquez (2 Fights)

Morales Vs Pacquiao (Fight 1)

Hopkins Vs Pavlik

Associate
OP
Some that have not been mentioned which i think are worth watching( no particular order):

Adrien Broner vs. Marcos Maidana (most recent)
Timothy Bradley vs. Provodnikov
Arturo Gatti vs. Mickey Ward - All 3 fights were great imo, 1+3 the most
Kevin Kelley vs. Prince Naseem Hamed
Julio Cesar Chavez vs. Meldrick Taylor 1
Diego Corrales vs. Jose Luis-Castillo

Mike Tyson vs. Trevor Berbick (just for the fact he was 20 and the youngest heavyweight champion - i am a great tyson fan and think his whole career is worth watching, many of the fights dont last long :cool:)

Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier 1 (Fight of the Century - Ring Magazine) +3 - Thrilla in Manila
Muhammad Ali Vs. George Forman - The Rumble in the Jungle

Similarly i think it is worth watching the whole career of Muhammad Ali's career.

Also worth checking out Sugar Ray Robinson - Greatest Pound for Pound fighter of all time. Dancing feet with lightening speed throwing punches in bunches!

Last edited:
Soldato
Calzagie v left hook lacy has to be up there. Benn v Magellan ?

Magellan *snigger*

Benn vs Mcclellan is an excellent fight to watch and probably in my top 3 fights. Benn took everything away from Mcclellan - his ego, his reputation, his best punches and sadly his health. I don't think I've ever watched such a protracted destruction of a fighter

Soldato
Magellan *snigger*

Benn vs Mcclellan is an excellent fight to watch and probably in my top 3 fights. Benn took everything away from Mcclellan - his ego, his reputation, his best punches and sadly his health. I don't think I've ever watched such a protracted destruction of a fighter

I know it was an iPad auto correct but my point still stands:p

Soldato
I'd appreciate some good boxing documentaries if anyone knows of any, please!

I've toyed with the idea of starting boxing as I miss studying martial arts but don't quite want to do them again. I'd rather go and have boxing lessons and do the cardio myself though, which I don't think is really possible - would rather be in control of my own training.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Golovkin fight didnt last long, done in the 3rd round :p took a punch but landed a brilliant one back

Night made all the more sweeter by having a bet come in :cool:

Says he wants Cotto next.

Soldato
I think he'll be too much for Cotto. I'd love to see Mayweather step up and take him on and show why he's the best pound for pound but I somehow doubt that will ever happen..

Back
Top Bottom