EE to end Orange Wednesday cinema deal

Associate
This is why I bought an ultra wide ... Me and my missus graft like no tomorrow , have very little spare time with each other due to work and children and not a huge expendable income after everything is payed , when all is said and done ... Parking or public trasports a fiver ... Getting yourself abit of crap between you , upto a tenner if your buying a decent popcorn and drink to share or what not ... Then at least 10 quid each for the privilege of being herded like sheep with grown men and woman running to the backseats :/ . So possibly the best part of nearly 35 maybe 40 quid spent depending on if you are sweety mad and whilst we enjoyed spending time together , we don't enjoy feeling brassic at the end of it . At least Orange Wednesdays meant we could do it and save a little bit and at least feel like we where getting some value for money

Soldato
Then again even my Unlimited card experience has worsened with the introduction of allocated seating and their premium chair nonsense. Booking a seat in advance gives a load of people excuse to arrive late once the film has started and then you have latecomers who've no idea where they're supposed to sit so get their phones out and shove the light on. That being said I get more than enough value out of it currently so will continue to fork out the £17 or so; 42 films this year.

Worst one was for The Winter Soldier this year when a bunch of teenagers arrived late then started talking to themselves, then had the audacity to SMOKE. Despite someone else clearly going and complaining to them the staff didn't kick them out or anything.

COMPLETELY DISAGREE !!!!

Allocated seating is WAY WAY better because I can book in advance and KNOW where I want to sit for the best viewing experience I can defo defo sit there, what kind of madness is it you prefer a free for all.

ALSO, what you say about folks turning up late I have not found AT ALL, everyone gets there before the film starts, happy days!

Thank god we now have a civilized experience at the cinema where we sit where we want!

Associate
£35-40?? Just buy a can and a bag of popcorn outside, that'll bring it down to about £20!!

Haha , If I was 13 I'd get away with that in my bag maybe ... These cinema staff are like police . Anything not purchased from inside their stores is not allowed.... , the other halfs handbag would be a good stashing point , but it's either to small or to big and full of crap haha.

Soldato
I wonder if you can use this to get out of your EE contract

Yeah I wonder this, as I am so fed up with them.

Haha , If I was 13 I'd get away with that in my bag maybe ... These cinema staff are like police . Anything not purchased from inside their stores is not allowed.... , the other halfs handbag would be a good stashing point , but it's either to small or to big and full of crap haha.

You've just got to be more strategic, man! Get the biggest handbag and empty it :D they never search us at our local cinema.

Last edited:
Soldato
Orange Wednesday stopping....vast decrease in the number of people going to the cinema on a Wednesday.....At last!!!!
No longer is Wednesday off-limits for us and our Unlimited cards, we can go and not have a screen full of noisey degenerates.

Soldato
COMPLETELY DISAGREE !!!!

Allocated seating is WAY WAY better because I can book in advance and KNOW where I want to sit for the best viewing experience I can defo defo sit there, what kind of madness is it you prefer a free for all.

ALSO, what you say about folks turning up late I have not found AT ALL, everyone gets there before the film starts, happy days!

Thank god we now have a civilized experience at the cinema where we sit where we want!

I am so with you on this!!
There is this vocal minority on the Cineworld facebook pages - we will not renew, this is terrible and then listing all of the ridiculous situations where alocated seating doesn't work etc.
All I can say is go, don't renew, go elsewhere you moaning idiots!

Allocated seating means that I can sit at home and choose where I want to sit. When I reach the cinema I know I'm in no rush to get intot he screen as my seats are waiting for me.
Couple of times I've had the spotted oiks in our seats, a polite "I think you're in the wrong seat" and off they trot.
Allocated seating is the best thing Cineworld have done for a while - that and allowing more Unlimited online purchases "live" at the same time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Then again even my Unlimited card experience has worsened with the introduction of allocated seating...

That's the only reason I finally took up the Cineworld unlimited offer, I like to choose my seats before I go in. If the seats I want aren't available at time of booking, I either choose another showing or movie.

However i'm always early to the cinema, feel the need to get settled, can't really explain it.

Soldato

Take your own bag, I do and I don't have any issues. Saying that, last time I went the cimema I managed to get in with a six pack of lucozade and they didn't even notice, and I wasn't even hiding it.

Soldato
Oh and on the subject of snacks.
The cinema staff have no right to search you. They can of course refuse you entry to the screen if you don't submit, but at the end of the day it's your choice as to if you let them look inside bags etc.
At our screen they do speak to people carrying obvious "purchased elsewhere" items, but never seen any kind of bag searching. So the wife will take the sweets in her handbag - she owns bigger bags if we're taking popcorn instead.

Also, and this is the bigger issue - you don't need snacks while you watch a film!

Soldato
Never had an issue in my local cinema on a Wednesday, allocated seating too so I just book both tickets as early as possible on Wednesday morning.

With an unlimited card it's dirt cheap too and you always have someone that is willing to tag along for free.

Buying sweets and food in the cinema is a mugs game, take your own food in. Our local does allow hot, cooked food in the doors and that's about it. They rarely even check if I even have an unlimited card.

Soldato
Bit of a double edged sword for me. I liked that the offer was there when I needed it but the experience was never as good with the increased audiences.

Man of Honour
One of the money compare outfits have taken it over according to talk on the net, it may also move to Mondays.

Either way I used Orange Weds often and while we watch top films at full price on a Friday or Thursday when launched the Wednesday deal was great for a ticket at £5.75 each...

Back
Top Bottom