Are gaming mouse mats worth it?

Soldato
Maybe. I'd see how it goes first, if you already have a mat.

It's only like, £15. Qck seems a safe bet.

I personally don't like mats that are too thick / spongy. They tend to have too much static friction ('stickiness" / 'control'), as the mouse feet dig in more.

Mats like the Goliathus / G-TF Speed / Qck are a nice compromise IMO. Depends if you want a fast glide, if you are ultra-low sensitivity and need more control.

Associate
I used to have a Steelseries QcK, but I replaced it with a Razer Scarab after the surface became worn after a few years (started having tracking issues).

I prefer the Scarab, but the QcK is more convenient.

Associate
They are worth it. Be careful though, you'll soon end up with 10 variants like the rest of us in no time.

Personally I recommend the Steelseries 9HD and any of the OCUK ones (that match the size you'd like).

Soldato
I used cloth mats for years, I like them apart from how dirty they get. I switced to a hard surface mat, a, Roccat Sota which was nice too until the surface layer became detached in places and caused big bubbles. I then got a, Steelseries 9HD which I've been using since, Jan 2012. I just had to look that up too, doesn't feel like I've been using it that long.

Soldato
I got an OcUK mousemat when i got a couple of things and it's the best thing i've ever got for my pc. Makes gaming a million times better. And makes my Deathadder feel like it's worth the price tag. I thought it was a terrible mouse before i got that mat!

Associate
I have an OCUK XXL and love it, provides a nice surface for both keyboard and mouse (and nostromo when I get it back from my niece, if ever, I have a much better keyboard now so not sure I want it back!)

Associate
I use the OCUK huge mousemat that is so big the keyboard my elbows and mouse sit on it, when it's done I will be buying another. Great mouse mats, great value.

If only they came with a free OCUK mug....

Back
Top Bottom