***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
If i go over 2048mb in the settings driving is stuttery. Thats with very high textures shaders and shadows and normal water and lowest population variety (middle one i think).

Knock the shadows from vhigh to high (not that bad) and your down to 1900 ish and it fixes the stutter.

Vsync is a right pain tho at night right im on some cliff side near the high way and half way up the cliff so i get out and look around and fps is locked 30. Turn vsync to half and still that. Turn it off and 55fps. Tbh theres not that much tearing i think when your under the vram limit so im just gona leave vsync off cos i dont like the hard 30fps lock it can drop to.

Couldnt use msaa or txaa as it slowed it down too much. Fxaa aint too bad and helps a lot with the jaggies for the most part just distance things that shimmer is what i dont like now.

Did a fresh clean and install of latest drivers i think it helped a touch too.

The map is very new to me and its gona take awhile to even know how to use it, wish i could have it flat sometimes like switch from 3d to 2d like the old radars tho it is nice to see more of the area but then it also makes where you wana go a bit more unclear if that makes sense.

Gotta say the gfx are amazing compared to gta 4. Also no damn filter making the colors all dull. YES! I hated that "feature" in gta 4 and cba to mod it off.

Still getting used to driving and walking and seeing what buttons do etc. Hate relearning stuff lol. Is this the first game where you find slower cars more desirable cos they handle better and not zip about too fast or turn on a dime too quick?

Last edited:
Soldato
I assume everyone saw nvidia has GTAV beta drivers out.

Anyway, running pretty nice here on a 970 / 3570K (stock) / 12GB. Certainly the game setting go high enough to see dips under 40 fps in the benchmark with literally everything on full, but it still looks awesome with a few settings turned down (AA etc). Honestly there's so many settings you could spend 5 hrs just tweaking. Still not sure whether I want stuff like DoF and motion blur on.

Also driving is totally fine on mouse/keyboard IMO. The cars have a lot more grip than GTA4, you just need to get used to it.

Did see some stuttering in cut scenes and when indoors, like walking round Fraklins house, dunno what that's about, maybe because I have no page file, but in the open world it's 99% stutter free.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was getting a lot of stutter on my 290 but I did have everything on full max, not sure what I should be turning down etc. Not sure what occlusion and FX/FSAA and all that stuff is etc

Soldato
. Not sure what occlusion and FX/FSAA and all that stuff is etc

Occlusion is to do with shadows. Higher settings produces more realistic shadow effects at the cost of FPS. FX/FSAA are to do with Anti Aliasing which is smoothing out jagged edges on things and people. Again at the cost of FPS.

Associate
So, I can't play. Loads fine, gets a little way into the game or online or w/e, then as soon as it hits 2GB RAM usage (I have 4GB) it crashes. :(
Safemode was the same, got a little further (nearly made it through all the credits on the online intro!) before it hit 2GB usage and crashed. :'(

Run a quick memory test?

Is it the same point? maybe a file is corrupt.

Soldato
I have stuttering when driving at speed. Mostly when cornering. It stutters and then catches up.
I am not however maxing out my GPU its fluctuating at around 80%
My CPU is not maxed out and all my temps are good.
Settings are pretty much maxed out (GeForce experience settings) other wise constant 60fps.
GTX 980

Associate
Was reading this thread on way home from a gig and expected to have grief with all the patches/ssd/downloading but it took around 15minutes to Pre-allocate and then just ran. Was surprised!

Played about an hour. Messed with settings a bit. Haven't yet had that amazing "Wow this is GTA V" moment yet :p Hopefully it's because i'm shattered. Tomorrow!

Soldato
Runs very well.. just had my first GTA 5 is not responding crash though.
Looks glorious in 21:9 though maxed out.

NeGSC6d.jpg

LdVXxFb.jpg
Images over 1,280 pixels wide should be placed in spoiler tags as I've done for you.

Cheers

Surveyor

Associate
I am really impressed by how good the game looks and plays :D

I have everything maxed out except in advance settings (High resolution shadows: off) If I turn high resolution shadows on it takes my card memory needed to 3200+ and I have 3000 available in settings.

If I turned it on do you think I would see performance issue's? It kinda bugs me I have one setting away from maximum graphical settings!

Back
Top Bottom