***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
Is it just me or is anisotropic filtering broken? I have it set at x16 but textures are very blurry from a relatively short way ahead.

Creating my own radio track list is cool but I think it introduces some stuttering :(

It happens sometimes with me. Did you change gfx settings then told to reboot the game and you let it. When it did did it start with a window instead of fullscreen at all if so that usually tells me the AF will be broken if i alt and enter to fullscreen it and play it. So i quit it and properly relaunch it so the rssc thing comes up then goes then game starts and then it usually fixes it. If not do a reboot of the comp then launch it. Hope it works.

Soldato
Depends but mine can go up to 2000. If you want to max it it defo needs 3gb at least. First game for me which to max it requires a more than 2gb vcard. But you can still make it pretty nice looking and stay within 2gb range. Its only if you really push things like aa up to max or draw distance or extra shadows options etc. Not really needed to play but are nice if you have the hw.

Btw with steam preorder you get a bunch of money. Why is it just tied to Franklin instead of Michael as well and the other dude. Im playing Michael atm and want that money.

Soldato
I know that but it doesnt appear to be the case in this instance as the game starts lag spiking when crossfire is enabled but is fine when it is disabled. The game appears to be thinking i have a 6gb gpu and trying to use it all as it see's the 6gb.

Crossfire works fine. Game reports I have 8GB of video memory and using 5GB~ of it (2.5GB).

Can anyone running at 1080p tell me how much vram it uses?

I'm fairly sure I'm using under 3GB of VRAM @ 1440p so I would say any 3GB card is easily enough for 1080p

Associate
5GB download after the retail verson - the downloaded started off biblicly slow (8kb/s and I was about to completely throw in the towel), but it seems to have perked up to 600-700kb/s with two hours to go rather than two days. I'm doing something I've honestly never done before and I'm leaving the PC running while I'm asleep and hopefully I can get an hour on the game before work tomorrow :p

This is probably the worst week they could've released it from my perspective as I'll struggle to find time to play it at any great length until late next week :(

Associate
It happens sometimes with me. Did you change gfx settings then told to reboot the game and you let it. When it did did it start with a window instead of fullscreen at all if so that usually tells me the AF will be broken if i alt and enter to fullscreen it and play it. So i quit it and properly relaunch it so the rssc thing comes up then goes then game starts and then it usually fixes it. If not do a reboot of the comp then launch it. Hope it works.

I did have to alt-tab first time playing to get it to play full screen but no issue since and I do restart after making settings changes. Thisk its just the game, to be honest the textures arent all that great either on highest setting.

Can anyone running at 1080p tell me how much vram it uses?

Im using about 2.4GB (would increase close to 3Gb with a couple settings turned up more) according to afterburner on my 3Gb 7950.

Soldato
I've only got a 128GB SSD with 70GB free. As this uses more space when its unpacking is it possible for me to install it to a 2TB drive and then move the installation files to my SSD?

Soldato
I did have to alt-tab first time playing to get it to play full screen but no issue since and I do restart after making settings changes. Thisk its just the game, to be honest the textures arent all that great either on highest setting.

Im using about 2.4GB (would increase close to 3Gb with a couple settings turned up more) according to afterburner on my 3Gb 7950.

Nope it is a bug ive had it i know when its happening as if you look at the road lines they will be blury like theres no AF on or at best 4x. If you launch the game properly as in so it works then it looks like AF is working and theres no blury and the textures ALL textures look a lot better. Mind i have mine set to very high. Happens mainly when you change a setting and forced to reload the game and if when the game starts non fullscreen then there will be gfx issues like blury textures and fps issues.

Associate
I've only got a 128GB SSD with 70GB free. As this uses more space when its unpacking is it possible for me to install it to a 2TB drive and then move the installation files to my SSD?

You'll probably need to unpack/install to the 2TB drive.

Backup the game via steam.

Remove the game.

restore the game on the SSD via steam.

(haven't tried copying the files, imagine you'd have some issues with this game.)

Back
Top Bottom