Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
P1010067_zpsytcg3gq7.jpg

Soldato
in-keeping with the thread...

5 sets of chipped canon compatible inks for £5.99 delivered (25 inks in total!) unreal value. I don't print anything colour critical - mostly docs and my missus uses it to print endless reems of clipart, letters etc for school.
jMq8ZFy.png

I use the same ink, its a bargain at that price and lasts ages given how much you get

Soldato
How do you find this? I've always avoided fryers due to smell and greasy chips.

Can pretty much echo what R B Customs has said, though I didn't get the 2-in-1. I bought myself a 1.2kg Actifry Plus for about £99 as it was the same price as the 1kg one bizarrely. I've cooked chips in it a few times which I've found have come out pretty good as long as you give them a bit of a seasoning before you cook them. More than happy with it. I've also cooked a curry in it which came out surprisingly well. Still got lots more to try. Was well worth the cash though I think.

Soldato
New PC! Having 144hz is truly fascinating, it's gorgeous!

- i7 4790K
- Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7
- R9 290 Vapor-X Sapphire OC
- 16gb (2x8gb) Kingston Hyper-X Savage 2400mhz
- EVGA SuperNova G2 850W '80 Plus Gold' Modular
- Samsung 250GB 850 EVO SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 2TB
- TP-Link 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band
- Xigmatek Loki II Heatpipe
- Corsair 100R
- BenQ XL2411Z (144hz is INCREDIBLE!!)
- Arctic Silver 5

Not built (Monitor included);
aPuQa8Hl.jpg

Built, sides not on!
yS8wVGZl.jpg

Awful lighting for some reason.
ra8vSxLl.jpg

Very happy chappy, was trying to game on a macbook before, worlds apart! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks good. Is that heatsink on the right way though? As it is it'll be pulling warm air up from the graphics card through the heatsink. Is it possible to rotate it 90 degrees to the right so that it can pull cool air through to the exhaust fan?

Soldato
Looks good. Is that heatsink on the right way though? As it is it'll be pulling warm air up from the graphics card through the heatsink. Is it possible to rotate it 90 degrees to the right so that it can pull cool air through to the exhaust fan?

Hadn't thought of that, and you make perfect sense, thank you.
Can you tell that it's been 6 years since I built my own?! :p

I put it on as it was displayed in the pictures on the manual sheet (facing down), will refit it this evening, cheers dude :)

I did have RealTemp running whilst I was playing CSGO which reported max temps of low 50's, I've no idea if that is good or bad for the stock clock (yet), but it was well off the threshold temperature that it was reporting against.

Last edited:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Told the wife I need one for University.

Student loan for the win!

IMAG0050_zpshwvog1ho.jpg

Got about £100 of accessories coming for it as well!

Soldato
Who was the guy asking about leaving a DAB radio on a timer for the dog to play BBC R4? I bought a Polaroid DAB radio off the bay for ~£20 and it does exactly what you wanted. Turns straight on to the station you had and at the same vol.

Man of Honour
Who was the guy asking about leaving a DAB radio on a timer for the dog to play BBC R4? I bought a Polaroid DAB radio off the bay for ~£20 and it does exactly what you wanted. Turns straight on to the station you had and at the same vol.

Him:

:O
oh please do me a favour...

-tune it to radio 4 (or whatever)
-turn it off at the wall
-turn it back on at the wall
-tell me if it comes back on at the same volume on the same station.

I'm looking for one which I can put on a mains timer and that model was on my shortlist as it would be on a lot! Basically it's to help keep a dog company during the day between visits so I never want to forget to turn it on so I'll put it on a 7 day timer. I know it's got a built in timer but that's not what I'm after

Soldato

ah thanks!
I'll have a look for one. Was looking at sony as I have trouble trusting cheaper brands like bush et al being left on when I'm not in the house. polaroid falls into that catagory but it's probably worth a try. Thanks for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom