Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Where did you get this charcoal from? Is it a lot better than the Big K stuff you can pick up at petrol stations?

I got this bag from a company called HotSmoked.co.uk. I was disappointed with the last lot of Big K charcoal I got (quite a lot of powder at the bottom). From what I have been able to find out, the "restaurant" grade comes in two versions - ACH15 and BCH15. It's larger lumps than you normally get in the normal roadside/supermarket bags, so should burn cleaner and more controllably. Here's a pic of a few lumps from the top of the bag - it's really good quality, but bear in mind that 15kg bag was £20 :o:eek: (15cm ruler for scale)

I'll let you know how I got on with it, probably in the La Cuisine BBQ thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18659597&page=10

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Recommend one for me to try moving from YG then and I shall order some this evening to try.

Well the 100 bags pack I got above was less than £4, really an excellent price for such a tea. I would recommend starting with that! It's got all the good characteristics of a nice mellow tea.

Can then try an Assam, and they all have a subtle difference between brands! The choice is endless really but I've now settled down to a few select brands. Twinings Everyday, Tesco Finest Assam, Taylors of Harrogate (all types), Ringtons Assam and Kenyan though their breakfast blend is great too!

IMO Ringtons offer the best quality to price ratio and the fact that they are in bags of 100 so will last ages :cool:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Don't think it's worth the extra though!

So was it the black or silver one you saw at that price?

I needed the 10% slow motion (720p@240fps) and a couple of other modes the silver can't do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Titanium with upgraded Titanium X alloys. Has a lot of kit for the money and only £30 tax. (lane alert/park assist etc) :)

10384215_10155594082315354_1786953215257359174_n.jpg

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Yeah was the silver, one place I have seen the back for is £289, the rest are £300+ :)

So not the same one then :p

Quick and dirty test:-

1080p@120fps in the first half and 720p@240fps 2nd half - neither of which the Silver can do.

The silver also can't do 4k@30fps - again, another mode I need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom