Not open for further replies.
Soldato
953331992.jpg

Associate
I thought it was time to upgrade:

7ad4e723d25a8bfe21d55582b969a394.jpg

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
EVGA SuperNova G2 750W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply

I also have the i7 4790K which I got for a good price elsewhere. These will be replacing my 2500K and Corsair Builder Series 600W PSU.

So much more power :D.

I still have a few more upgrades planned (mechanical keyboard, 7.1 headset, 120/144mhz monitor) but they will have to wait until next month
I also bought a few more steelbooks to add to my collection:

5cbd22d6305ecc85ff0a14a1f80b7841.jpg

Battlefield Bad Company - I already own this one although this copy is in a much better condition.
Minecraft Xbox One - I had to get someone to ship this to me from Germany. I now own the steelbooks for PS4 and Xbox One.
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster PS4
Witcher 2 - This isn't a steelbook but I saw this while out shopping and noticed it was a boxed copy with a few extras such as soundtrack for cheap.

More to come :).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Cheers, thing is once you've sampled quality footwear its almost impossible to wear anything else lol.

I noticed this phenomena as well, I have a pair of Alfred Sargent chukkas too and they also "just fit", i guess it must be due to stronger construction and better quality throughout.

Another point is when I was a kid (yeah yeah) every household had a shoe polishing kit/box and you actually polished your shoes, look around today and very few folks have polished footwear, personally I think a quality pair of shoes/boots polished looks very smart, in fact I derive an OCD satisfaction from polishing my footwear lol.

I agree with both points. Recently I've started buying a few higher quality items than I would have chosen in the past, shoes included. But it spoils you because you no longer want to buy the cheaper items.

I've also made a point of polishing my shoes regularly. It's become a bit of an obsession and I do my wife and kids shoes too now. Again once you have polished shoes you notice the vast majority of people don't bother. Even a cheaper pair of shoes can be lifted by ensuring they are clean and polished.

Associate
decided what to do with a lower and upper receiver I had sitting in a box for years.
the rest of the parts started trickling in this week. still waiting on the freefloat forend and barrel nut and the sig brace. I have everything else on hand to do the build.
556_pistolbuild.jpg

it will look similar to this when done.
556_sigbrace_pistol.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom