• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
Boost is 1200 if I up the power and temp target and don't touch anything else.

Well with stock volts I can get 1420 stable, Anything higher requires more volts.

Memory seems happy at 8GHZ although I might back it off as I can't see much perf increase just yet.

Associate
Boost is 1200 if I up the power and temp target and don't touch anything else.

Well with stock volts I can get 1420 stable, Anything higher requires more volts.

Memory seems happy at 8GHZ although I might back it off as I can't see much perf increase just yet.

1350-1370Mhz on core should be good enough without having fear for crashes. Other than benching Mem OCs are worthless IMO.

Man of Honour
OP
Easy way to test this....

Run Battlefield 4 at 4k with Ultra settings and then put the resolution scaling to 125% ;)

He should be able to max it out if he wanted to.:)

I can max BF4 out @8k on mine. the only problem is the game is a bit buggy lol.

If he is using swift monitors it is easy for someone with a single swift and TitanX to test as it is the same as 3 swifts and 3 TXs.:)

Man of Honour
OP
It hath arrived ! :D

Got an extra 3 years warranty for free on this too through Zotac, 5 years total, Not bad at all :)

kUCPuQW.jpg.png

titanx.jpg

Mine has just arrived too. Buyers remorse :D

Welcome and TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link
Make MSI, Drojman, Link
Make Gigabyte, SS-89, Link
Make MSI, ndaar, Link
Make MSI, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Make Asus, 8 Pack, Link
Make Asus, gerardfraser, Link
Make EVGA SC, Evil Shubunkin, Link
Make Gigabyte, wunkley, Link
Make Gigabyte, crinkleshoes, Link
Make MSI, VincentHanna, Link
Make Gigabyte, Amidar, Link
Make Gigabyte, Twisted Kid, Link
Make EVGA, romanlegion13th, Link
Make EVGA, danw872, Link
Make Gigabyte, davisdavid, Link
Make Palit, Watlinguk, Link
Make Palit, TTomax, Link
Make Gigabyte, seth1969, Link
Make Palit, straxusii, Link
Make Asus, Firefox35, Link
Make Gigabyte, GarryO, Link
Make NVidia Direct, Seyumi, Link
Make Gigabyte, Mal X, Link
Make Gigabyte, Budge4, Link
Make Palit, Quartz, Link
Make EVGA SC, whyscotty, Link
Make EVGA, ^JP^, Link
Make Palit, Meaker, Link
Make Gigabyte, cwgk91, Link
Make Gigabyte, andy_taximan, Link
Make Gigabyte, hexblitz86, Link
Make MSI, garymcq23, Link
Make Palit, SpeckleD, Link
Make Gigabyte, jim0082, Link
Make EVGA, vasilltino, Link
Make EVGA SC, Aylan1196, Link
Make Gigabyte, cadmunkey, Link
Make EVGA, Shamrock, Link
Make EVGA SC, Genjuro82, Link
Make Gigabyte, HACO, Link
Make MSI, dasimpse, Link
Make Gigabyte, CapitalOne, Link
Make Gigabyte, Montegue, Link
Make Palit, ish1, Link
Make EVGA SC, Streetlight, Link
Make EVGA SC, dessimpson, Link
Make EVGA SC, Mayh3M, Link
Make EVGA SC, Deks, Link
Make EVGA, elfoscuro, Link
Make EVGA, thefogo, Link
Make EVGA SC, Klunt Bumskrint, Link
Make EVGA SC, faxfan, Link
Make Asus, cjdavid, Link
Make EVGA, alex_123_fra, Link
Make OcUK, fatlenny, Link
Make EVGA SC, darkslidez, Link
Make EVGA, nath247, Link
Make OcUK, Huntyz, Link
Make Asus, crasher, Link
Make EVGA SC, N19h7m4r3, Link
Make OcUK, Sequence, Link
Make OcUK, GSXR Gaz Mc, Link
Make Zotac, Dicehunter, Link
Make Zotac, Worthy, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

Associate
Hi all

OCUK Titan X arriving today!

Does any one know where I can get a backplate for it? I take it that only EVGA do them. I've seen them on ebay for around £50! EVGA are out of stock and I don't know if they even deliver to the UK, I've asked them but not had a reply yet.

Would just like to complete the look :)

Associate
You seem ****** off anyway without spending 3k so it's okay :)

You are simply stating what everyone knows anyway that todays tech can't run that resolution maxed out. I'm pretty sure he knew that before spending 3k, as anyone with an ounce of sense would.

Lets wait and see if he can actually crank the settings up :)

Hello I will be able to run some tests on the weekend its just hectic here at the mo with kids going mad my birthday and a three day business trip to organise.

I knew the system wouldnt be able to run maxed out as it is a lot of pixels. I have played on a surround setup since battlefield bad company 2 and I've never looked back.

Im not a drinker or a smoker I just love playing batlefield with my mates and at the fastest refresh rate possible. Im getting old so the reactions are not what they used to be so to keep up with the younguns I go all out on hardware to get all the timings as quick as i can to make up for my shortcomings lol.

Anyway back to home duties ill get some results for you soon

Associate
So, 143 pages, wow. I'm having real problems with stuttering, OC or not I always seem to hit the TDP, the frequency drops and then stutters occur. Specifically in Elite Dangerous.... and pCARS and AC.

I thought about adding voltage via the slider in EVGA Precision X, but not sure what to set it to, or if it would help... any ideas?

Last edited:
Associate
Only way to stop that is by flashing a BIOS with a higher TDP.

Mine was doing the same.
I'm new to GPU 'flashing', hope you can help me... I got the 4-pack of BIOSes from elsewhere, is the 425 SC one the baby to use?

I have the EVGA SC card and the EK Nickel/Acetal block and am getting about 40 deg C @ 1442Mhz/4002Mhz with +31mv @ 110% TDP when I do OC under load with KBOOST on, but it dips causing stutters.

@ stock everything it's running at about 34 deg C and still stutters with power limit on 100 or 110% and it still dips/stutters

How do I flash the GFX card.. is there a guide here? I have flashed my 980 SC a while ago but used a package with update.exe, nvflsh32.sys, nvflsh64.sys and the xxxxx.rom package but this was from EVGA support... is it the same process and can I use the same package with the 425 rom? or do I need something else?

Sorry for the Q's, and thanks in advance of your time in helping out an old codger understand things.

Caporegime
If you're on water you could use a BIOS with higher voltage, I'm using the maxair bios on the stock cooler.

To flash the card follow these instructions:

Backup your old BIOS (GPU-Z, BIOS version field, button on the right allows you to save the current bios). Keep the old bios in the event that something happens during the flash.
Download the new BIOS you'll be flashing to, it should be a .rom file, otherwise the flash will not work.
Browse to your Nvflash folder
Transfer the new BIOS file into the Nvflash folder
Close all unnecessary programs
Shift + right-click the Nvflash folder
choose the open in command line option
Type in the command: Nvflash --protectoff (case sensitive, please be accurate)
Type in the command: Nvflash -4 -5 -6 [yourbiosnamehere].rom
If the flash is a cross vendor one you might have to type in y a couple of times when asked to
Nvflash will work for a while and close the 2nd command prompt after finishing
Reboot
Your card should now be flashed, test with Precision X or afterburner to see if the BIOS is stable for you
Some flashes might need driver reinstalls afterwards, don't be alarmed, just install the drivers as usual

Associate
not sure if im allowed to ask this if not please delete.

im just wondering has anyone ever order direct from ek? i ordered a waterblock and backplate from them 6 days ago and for some reason my order is still pending even though it said they had stock. I've sent 2 emails and they still haven't wrote back to me.

i would have ordered from overclockers but they had no stock at the time

Associate
If you're on water you could use a BIOS with higher voltage, I'm using the maxair bios on the stock cooler.

To flash the card follow these instructions:
Thanks, that helped greatly although that would not work as I was using a more up-to-date nvflash that did not require me to do the --protectoff or the -4 and -5 bits in the end. BUT Thanks, that's got me to same speeds with no stuttering in games :) even without KBOOST so that's a treat!

so if I up the clocks (they are +100Mhz and +500Mhz), now I have 121% Power Limit... should I up the voltage too and if so, what is safe?

not sure if im allowed to ask this if not please delete.

im just wondering has anyone ever order direct from ek? i ordered a waterblock and backplate from them 6 days ago and for some reason my order is still pending even though it said they had stock. I've sent 2 emails and they still haven't wrote back to me.

i would have ordered from overclockers but they had no stock at the time
Same happened to me... took 10 days from order... you can't beat OC (when they have stock) for service! It all arrived in the end though so you'll be OK.

Back
Top Bottom