Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Oooohhhh! It's all going on!

Is Brienne dead? The photography looked like it could like it could have been a lookalike and Podric was nowhere to be seen. You'd think they would portray Briennes death a little more graphically than just fleeting pics of body parts

Soldato
No, brienne is watching fir a signal.
The woman who is dead is the old woman who brought sansa the message about the broken tower.
So her messenger is dead, and looks like there will be no message.

Oh reek, broken dog reek.

Caporegime
No, brienne is watching fir a signal.
The woman who is dead is the old woman who brought sansa the message about the broken tower.
So her messenger is dead, and looks like there will be no message.

Oh reek, broken dog reek.

Oh thank god for that.

I am still worried that Brienne and Podric are gonna become a cropper to Ramsay. Even though we all know that one on one, Brienne would repaint the walls with him.

Caporegime
Has anyone ever asked George RR Martin what his deal is with rape/sexual violence? I mean, there is something every episode. Is it that bad in the books?

Its like it's becoming a cheap way of making the audience feel uncomfortable.

No doubt people will say it was a big part of psychological control in our history etc but GoT is another level :/

You only have to look at the rapes carried out relatively recently by people in positions of power to see how powerful people could have behaved back then under a feudal system with little accountability to anyone else.

Caporegime
Think of it very loosely like an inquisition. The power to find corruption and blasphemy against the 7 gods. I think its harking back to the time before the Targarian dynasty kings or something where the church was more powerful than the state, so to speak...

not necessarily more powerful, but armed and with certain powers in certain domains

Caporegime
I still dont get it though? These guys have a whole army that could get them out... going by the TV series these sparrows don't have an army at all, just a gang of nutjobs...

I really need to read the books.

yeah is a bit silly how they've done it... Tommen could have stopped them from taking her at Loras' trail... now they've got her it wouldn't be easy to get her back - the sparrows are quite numerous - basically a whole bunch of poor but very religious folk who've flocked to kings landing from all over the seven kingdoms...

and as Cersi points out, they know who the first casualty would be...

though... (book chat)
In the books it is just Margery not Loras who is arrested (after allegations of infidelity) and is released to a sort of house arrest when Mace Tyrell brings his army to Kings Landing.... Cersi on the other hand has alienated a bunch of powerful people when and is kept locked up in the Sept

Soldato
I thought that perhaps arya has something to do with it as in a previous episode she was looking at that old womans face and Jaqen H'ghar says your not ready to be no one but ready to be someone else.

Im probably reading into that to much but im just having a guess

Exactly what i was thinking!

Arya taking her mum's "face"

Soldato
I thought Sansa's mum comes back as a kind of the undead by now?

Warning: Book talk from Ray above and here:

The shows producers have confirmed Lady Stoneheart won't be in the TV show. It seems like it doesn't make sense but she's only in about 2 chapters in all of the books. It will be interesting to see how Brienne and Pod's story arc changes with Sansa now she's in the hands of Ramsay.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
book comparison

in the books lady stoneheart is zombie cat, not a face changing arya, I really hope they do bring cat back into it, I never liked her that much in the TV compared to the books but stoneheart seems too interesting a concept to drop. I thought they had said they had stopped confirming deviations rather than they were definitely not bringing her in?

Man of Honour
I've read the books but once again... posting stuff that happens in the books in spoilers without a warning is a bit thoughtless guys. This is the TV thread and even if the series has caught up with many parts of the books there are still things that have happened in them that could potentially be spoilers.

Caporegime
Found it hard to watch that last scene; was half expecting a knife to his throat (Sansa) and one to his Bolt-on (Reek).

Is it bad of me to say that scene with Sansa didn't bother me, because I knew it wasn't real and plus Sansa is ***** annoying always pruding around she's something special.

This r*pe scene was nothing compared to the one in both Borgias and The Tudors

Soldato
The Faith Militant are nigh on untouchable, because the Lannisters are already struggling to maintain their grasp on power. They cannot afford to upset the religious masses by picking a fight with the High Septon.

Back
Top Bottom